Job Type – Full Time
Hours – 40-45 hour per week
Location: Kingly Court, Soho London
Pay – Starting rate of £10.50 – £11.50 per hour + approx. £2-4 more in tips per hour extra! That’s an annual salary equivalent of £29,000-£33,000.
We are looking for a passionate & fun Chef to join our team at our flagship Kingly Court site.
This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in a lively, buzzy restaurant. Focused on delivering the best service in London, with the best vegan Mexican food on earth.
As a company we have a huge passion for creating great opportunities for great people. Smashing down the old school hospitality boundaries and creating a fully inclusive safe space welcome to all, work life balance and a whole lot of laughs!
We are from a street food background – so are looking for someone who will thrive in an “organised chaos “kind of atmosphere, championing incredible and personable customer service at all times and keeping up with the pace! We move fast!
What will your job entail? –
- Working within a small but busy site right in the heart of Kingly Court, Carnaby Street in Soho London
- Honing your burrito rolling skills, slinging tacos to customer at the kitchen counter and working safely within a small space closely with your team
- Fluidity across the whole team and everyone respecting and understanding each other roles is very important to us – one team one dream!
- Working closely with management on a day-to-day basis and helping in the set up and close down of the kitchen.
- You will be working a range of day and evening shifts each week, including weekends, amounting to around 40-45 hours per week.
Kitchen experience Is preferred but not essential – we have a strong team of driven individuals ready to train you on how to be a master Burrito roller in no time at all
All we need from you is the drive and the passion to learn new things & deliver guests with an amazing experience that leaves them wanting to come back for more and more tacos!
We also have a bunch of perks we offer our team and are always looking for new things we can offer.
Current perks include:
- Access and training provided via Flow – all certificates are paid for by us at no cost to you and are yours to keep.
- Free Food – Free meal and soft drink per shift.
- Wagestream – A financial wellbeing app which can be used for managing money and advances.
- A paid day off on your birthday!
- Finder’s Fee – Recommend a friend and receive a £200 bonus!
- Local Discounts – Our restaurants are in the heart of London’s most happening areas and working locally means you’ll get a discount card for surrounding businesses, shops, bars, restaurants and more.
If you think this sounds like a bit of you … get in touch 🙂
About Club Mexicana
Our background is in pop-up parties and feeding the UK’s biggest music festivals. Led by one of London’s hottest movers and shakers, Meriel Armitage. We launched our first full restaurant in Soho back in August 2020, then launched out biggest yet in Shoreditch in 2022
We have lots of exciting projects in the pipeline including new sites, markets and festivals!
Our Mexican food is 100% vegan but, more importantly, bloody delicious! Paired with one of our signature margaritas or a flight of tequilas, it’s a whole lot of fun.