Generous compensation, dynamic team, opportunity for growth.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, patient-oriented professional to join the team as a Dental Assistant. This important role assists our team of dentists and dental hygienists during the examination and treatment of patients and ensures that every patient interaction is a positive one.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares treatment rooms for patients by adhering to established protocols.
- Greets patients and escorts them to the treatment room.
- Reviews patient medical questionnaires and advises dentist of all pertinent information.
- Documents and shares patient concerns with the medical team.
- Assists the dentist in all clinical procedures, without interruption.
- Explains dental procedures as well as pre-op and post-op instructions to patients.
- Sterilizes and maintains instruments and equipment.
- Cleans and disinfects treatment rooms according to practice standards.
- Collaborates with other Assistants to maintain minimum inventory levels.
- General office duties and other duties as required.
Specific Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French.
- Calm and comforting demeanor to help patients feel relaxed.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to use dental software for charting patients.
Education and Experience Required
- Must be a certified dental assistant (DVS).
- Minimum one year of experience working in a dental clinic.
About D Dental Office
At D Dental Office, we care about our patients, our community and each other. We are a high-tech full-service general dentistry office. We know that healthy teeth and gums starts with good nutrition and that a well-balanced, whole-food, plant-based diet will help avoid tooth decay, gum disease and a host of other medical problems. We call it Healthy Lifestyle Dentistry.