Dogs Without Borders is an established dog rescue in the SF valley rescuing dogs from local shelters and from as far away as Taiwan is seeking an individual who is passionate about rescue with previous rescue and leadership experience.
Candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Acute attention to detail
- Leadership of staff and management skills
- Organized & efficient
- Works well with others, maintains a positive demeanor at all times
- Able to delegate tasks and oversee staff and volunteers
- Experience working with dogs and humans alike
- Donor development/database tracking & understanding
- Knowledge of typical rescue-dog behavior, and their typical medical ailments and treatments
- Strong communications skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of basic computer skills, MS Word, Excel, ETC. & other app based productivity programs
- Maintains a safe, clean, and neat work environment
- Team player
- Reliable transportation
- Willing to work in an office environment and travel to events, schedule staff.
- Animal rescue, shelter experience, and management a must
- Extremely strong work-ethics a must, while willing to be a servant leader for the highest good
Send resume with qualifications including a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A note about food fed to dogs and at events:
Our dogs currently do not eat solely vegan food. Most of our food is donated, so it’s not possible to only feed vegan. As a candidate, you are NOT ok with that, this is not the position for you. We also respect individual staff’s choices of eating, and fully support veganism, when meals are served for events/birthdays, etc. However, some people on board are not vegan and at events we serve whatever people want with vegan options. At our last event, we served no meat at all, and options for some to have dairy on the side because some people on or board not vegan.
About Dogs Without Borders
We are a nonprofit dog rescue based in Los Angeles, founded in 2006 and headquartered in Northridge. We have saved thousands of dogs from death row, or other negative situations and place them in loving, permanent homes.