Internal Business Operations (Smooth Operator)
You’re going to be one of the most significant people in bringing the next massive plant-based food brand to market. A lot happens behind the scenes of a business to fuel its growth and you’ll be the person making it happen by leading HR, finance, facilities, systems and processes, and more. This strategy-meets-execution role perfectly matches your passion and deep understanding of business operations. Our team is growing rapidly, and you’re ready to help shape, build, and lead it!
Who are you?
- You’re an internal business operations mastermind. You know what good internal operations look like and how to build them from the ground up.
- You are incredibly versatile, organized, and communicative–you can effectively work on a variety of tasks while keeping everything in order.
- You enjoy formulating long-term strategy and executing day-to-day operations.
- You have an exceptional track record of solving complex business problems, and you excel in startup-like settings.
- You’re mission-driven and incredibly passionate about your work. You care deeply about changing our food system and have the skills to make it happen.
- You thrive in ambiguous situations. You take ownership and create solutions to problems.
- You have positive energy, you’re a people person, and you have a can-do attitude.
- You’re a great person, in and out of work. You are smart, proactive, trustworthy, kind, humble, organized and hard-working.
- You have excellent organizational, analytical thinking, and logistical skills.
Who are we?
- We’re the next massive plant-based food company, revolutionizing the $100B dairy sector. Our investors include the founder of Reddit, the creator of Gmail, Y Combinator, and the former chairman of the board of Daiya Foods.
- We’re behind some of the best selling plant-based products in the world (JUST Mayo, for example).
- We’re on a mission to save our planet, our health, and animals by creating a solution to rescue the food system.
- We’re people of integrity. We do what we say we will do, we treat others right, we care deeply about those around us, and we put our hearts into our work.
What you’ll do
- Manage the internal operations for the business, from finance to people to systems and everything in between.
- Own the design and implementation of HR processes and policies, including: recruiting and hiring, compensation and benefits, payroll, and training and on-boarding.
- Partner with the CEO to help shape the company culture by planning company events and team outings.
- Manage contracts and relationships with vendors and own the acquisition and set-up of our new HQ.
- Operationalize financial planning, reporting, and forecasting.
- Oversee accounting and cash management, including accounts payable, receivable, and OpEx.
- Develop and implement foundational business processes, systems, tools, and reporting to add efficiency and operational excellence.
- Analyze and understand consumer trends, market landscape, economic drivers, and competitor information.
- Help build, shape, and lead the internal business operations team.
This is a full-time job, located in Berkeley, CA, with a competitive compensation package.
Interested? Please send your resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Smooth Operator
Eclipse Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. We are deeply committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About Eclipse Foods
Eclipse Foods makes plant-based dairy products that are indistinguishable in flavor, texture, and functionality from conventional dairy. Our mission is to create a more sustainable, healthy, and humane food system by making amazing plant-based foods that require no sacrifice.
We are the team behind JUST Mayo (and other best-selling plant-based products) and one co-founder has chef’d/ staged at 16 Michelin stars. Some of our investors include Y Combinator, the founder of Reddit, the creator of Gmail, and the former chairman of Daiya Foods.