We are looking for a full-time person to join the Eden Café team. Your focus will be on delivering top notch table service to our customers, although you will be required to cover other areas so food experience would be advantageous.
The role will include covering coffee on our head Barista’s days off (as well as lunch breaks, holidays etc) so will need to have excellent speciality coffee skills. You will be a good all-rounder, able to help in other areas of the business too, from table service to food prep. Further training will be provided for the right candidate.
Must be able to work weekdays as well as weekend hours.
* Speciality coffee experience with barista skills. Able to make consistently great coffee, quickly and accurately.
* Sense of responsibility and professionalism in relation to the role.
* You will be comfortable and confident with customers. Customer service must be friendly and welcoming at all times.
* Commitment to the role and to supporting your team. Responsible, reliable, considerate.
* Efficient, focussed, able to multi task and use initiative.
* Motivation and good work ethic with a focus on excellent customer service.
* Excellent organisational and communication skills, with attention to detail.
* Quick learner with efficient working style.
* Ability to operate calmly and efficiently under pressure, maintaining accuracy at all times with taking orders and payments.
* Speciality coffee experience, must have customer facing hospitality experience.
* Our menu is completely vegan and mostly gluten free so a strong understanding of allergens is important. Training will be given on the menu and allergens.
* Flexibility to work outside rostered hours occasionally as required.
All staff must have a full understanding of current COVID-19 law and regulations as well as our own procedures and processes designed to keep both customers and staff as safe as possible. We provide staff with all the required information which all staff need to put into practice and be able to communicate relevant information to customers.
What we can provide:
* A great group of people to work alongside.
* Lovely customers (we have lots of great regular customers).
* Meal allowance and staff discount.
* Pension Scheme (if eligible)
If you are interested, have relevant experience, are eligible to work in the UK and can start late August/early September, then please send your CV with a letter outlining why you’d like to work with us. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Eden Café
We are an Antipodean style cafe with awesome coffee (Allpress) and delicious food. We have many gluten free options, healthier salads and specials, fresh juices, smoothies, cakes, muffins, toasties, bagels, milkshakes, vegan soft serve ice cream and a retail range of vegan treats.