We’re looking for an experienced professional to fulfil the role of Café Manager. This involves facilitating smooth day-to-day operations and growing Eden Café. We have a well-established customer base and our current menu is popular within the local community and the wider vegan community. We’re looking to streamline our processes and progress the future development of our business.
Working collaboratively with our existing team, you will ensure that one another are fully supported and are able to build upon Eden Café’s successful foundations.
You will be expected to work within all areas of the business once you are settled in.
You must have 18 months+ management experience. Independent café management with recruitment and staff development experience is highly desirable.
- Customer Experience. Ensuring the best customer experience every time; café presentation, staff interactions, quality of food and drink and messaging is all of a high standard etc.
- Recruitment, Training, Staff Development, and Scheduling. Carrying out regular reviews and identifying areas for improvement, development, and training, as well as recognising and acknowledging achievements where staff have gone above and beyond.
Ensuring staff satisfaction and cohesiveness of the team. Increasing and maintaining productivity. Planning schedules and ensuring a strong team is in place each day whilst balancing wage cost vs budget. Managing annual leave and staff availability (e.g., allowing for time off when staff have exams). Monitoring staff timekeeping, unplanned absences, etc.
- Social Media, Marketing, Promotion, and Development. Utilising social media to help promote our business, interacting with customers, and increasing sales.
Developing promotions and effective marketing strategies to grow our business. Identifying areas for growth and development. Researching and assessing opportunities most likely to succeed and being capable of their implementation. Must be able to cost and justify any financial investment required.
- Maintenance of Equipment. Keeping Records and ensuring Regulatory Requirements are met. Ensuring we maintain our 5 star EHO rating.
Ensuring equipment is well maintained and arranging servicing when required. Ensuring risk assessments, health and safety, food hygiene rules are updated as required, and that any certifications or testing is kept current and communicated to staff.
- Managing Stock. Efficiency in ordering to reduce waste and ensuring appropriate stock levels are held. Stocktaking, as required. Price checking with suppliers to ensure that we are paying the best price possible.
- Financial Planning and Budgets. Awareness of daily running costs and expenditure in relation to sales.Budgeting.
Skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- Commitment to impeccable customer service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Motivational leadership – lead by example and encourage and support your team.
- Excellent work ethic – commitment, sense of responsibility, flexibility (must be able to work weekends).
- Excellent organisational skills and a good sense of timing.
- Ability to take feedback and instruction from owner and ensure prompt implementation.
We are a vegan business so it is important that applicants have a good understanding of Veganism from both an ethical and environmental view point. Many of our customers have various allergies, so appreciating the importance of accuracy throughout the business is also important.
We are looking to start the successful applicant as soon as possible.
What we can offer:
A wonderful bunch of regular customers and a capable and hardworking team. As well as:
- 28 days holiday
- Staff Discount + free food and drinks on shift
- 30-45 hours per week – day shifts (some evenings for events)
- £11-13.00/hr + tips starting rate (dependent on experience)
- Shared parking space available – free parking in town centre
If you have the required qualities and experience, please apply with a relevant CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be ideal for the position and why you want to lead the Eden Café team.
About Eden Café
We are an Antipodean style cafe with awesome coffee (Allpress) and delicious food. We have many gluten free options, healthier salads and specials, fresh juices, smoothies, breakfasts, cakes, muffins, toasties, bagels, milkshakes & vegan soft serve ice cream.