We’re looking for line and prep chefs to join our growing team. 25/30 hours including evenings and weekends.
The kitchen team are responsible for food preparation and dish creation to the highest standard of taste, quality and presentation. They work hard to ensure that the 10 Core Principles are upheld in all food development and kitchen activities. Their passion for, and commitment to, these principles should be at the forefront of their daily work.
- Work as a chef in the kitchen, preparing dishes to recipe specs – duties ranging from prep to station chef.
- Maintain a positive, welcoming, safe and respectful kitchen environment.
- Comply with and enforce all health and safety requirements.
- Follow processes for storing and labelling food.
- Keep the kitchen and dry store organised with all equipment and stock stored in its right place.
- Advocate for EDIT’s 100% vegan, environmentally conscious and ethical ethos.
- Develop expert understanding of all ingredients and dishes with a focus on provenance, sustainability and why we use it. Ensure that this knowledge is confidently embedded across the kitchen team.
- Ensure all dishes that leave the kitchen are of the highest presentation and plating standards and are being created consistently across the team.
- Understand the processes by which the suppliers of our various products and ingredients are sourced, and that every effort is made to ensure we stock as ethically and responsibly as possible. It will also include an understanding of our zero waste goals, the waste cycle, how we dispose of our own waste and what happens to it afterwards.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- At least two years of experience as a chef, ideally with relevant experience e.g. fine dining, sustainable food, plant-based cuisine
- Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification
- Commitment to our principles (including sustainability, zero waste & seasonal), which comes with a willingness to embed these throughout all your work and an eagerness to learn more about them
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to host with charm and warmth
- Eye for detail, consistently looking for and adhering to the highest standards
- Able to legally work and live in the UK
WHAT WE OFFER / BENEFITS
- Pay above London Living Wage
- Share of tips adjusted pro rata according to the number of hours worked
- Minimum of two days off a week
- Flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Regular pay reviews based on performance
- 28 days holiday pro-rata
- Free meals on shift and discounted off-shift meals for friends & family
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and development in areas of food systems, sustainability, circular economy
Both / And Limited is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Welcome to EDIT.
A hyper seasonal, low impact restaurant in the heart of Hackney.
Taking our name from the ‘the art of altering elements to improve the whole’ to challenge traditional thinking and wasteful practices in the food industry.
We replace the intensively produced, the homogeneous varieties and the unnecessary waste, with the regenerative, the harmless, the natural and the wild, restoring a sense of connection with our food sources.
Our daily-changing dishes respond to seasonal availability, celebrate the whole, and harness ‘root to fruit’ principles of zero waste cooking.
Ingredients are sourced from small-scale farms, foragers and independent producers using regenerative and minimal intervention methods, with the finest local produce always being the star of the plate.
This process results in a concise menu of modern British plant-based dishes accompanied by a fine selection of low intervention + local wines, beers and ciders.