We are looking for experienced front of house staff who are excited about seasonal, plant-based food and are committed to our core principles to join the team at our new restaurant in Hackney.
- Work Front of House shifts including greeting customers, explaining the menu and dishes and confidently talking about the produce, taking orders, liaising with the kitchen, making drinks, running orders to tables and taking payments.
- Set and reset tables accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follow all processes as detailed in the Restaurant Manual.
- Attend shift briefings and team meetings.
- Create and maintain a friendly, welcoming vibe in the restaurant – both for customers and fellow team members.
- Work to maximise sales through increased spend per head, upselling and excellent customer service.
- Receive deliveries and put away stock.
- Follow day-to-day health and safety protocols
- Bar service including drinks presentation and drinks preparation/production. This involves making fresh juices, alcohol mixes, garnishes and coffees etc.
- Develop expert understanding of all menus, dishes, ingredients, wines, spirits, beers, coffee, tea and drinks, with a focus on provenance, sustainability and why we use it.
- Understanding of our zero waste goals, the waste cycle, how we dispose of our own waste and what happens to it afterwards.
- Advocate for EDIT’s ethical ethos and core philosophy.
- Any other ad hoc duties are required.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- At least one year of experience in a front of house role, ideally with relevant experience e.g. fine dining, sustainable food, plant-based cuisine
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to host with charm and warmth
- Experienced in making cocktails and mocktails and serving other refreshments, including barista experience
- Commitment to our principles, which comes with a willingness to embed these throughout all your work and an eagerness to learn more about them
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team
- Eye for detail, consistently looking for and adhering to the highest standards
- Able to legally work and live in the UK
WHAT WE OFFER / BENEFITS
- Flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Pay above London Living Wage
- Share of tips adjusted pro rata according to the number of hours worked
- Minimum of two days off a week
- Regular pay reviews based on performance
- 28 days holiday pro-rata
- Free meals on shift and discounted off-shift meals for friends & family
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and development in areas of food systems, sustainability, circular economy
EDIT is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Welcome to EDIT.
A hyper seasonal, low impact restaurant in the heart of Hackney.
Taking our name from the ‘the art of altering elements to improve the whole’ to challenge traditional thinking and wasteful practices in the food industry.
We replace the intensively produced, the homogeneous varieties and the unnecessary waste, with the regenerative, the harmless, the natural and the wild, restoring a sense of connection with our food sources.
Our daily-changing dishes respond to seasonal availability, celebrate the whole, and harness ‘root to fruit’ principles of zero waste cooking.
Ingredients are sourced from small-scale farms, foragers and independent producers using regenerative and minimal intervention methods, with the finest local produce always being the star of the plate.
This process results in a concise menu of modern British plant-based dishes accompanied by a fine selection of low intervention + local wines, beers and ciders.