Are you passionate about science-backed education? Do you believe that the choices we make at the dining table have the power to change the world? The Educated Choices Program (ECP) is looking for a motivated and self-sufficient Social Media Assistant passionate about plant-forward eating to help ECP continue to grow and engage its social media audience.
- Assist with the creation and dissemination of social media posts, graphics, and ads as approved by ECP management.
- Research and propose content for social media calendars, campaigns, marketing strategies, and other materials.
- Monitor relevant trends and topics on social media.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest industry news and trends.
- Assist with the development and distribution of press releases, blogs, newsletters, and other marketing materials.
- Review and edit content for grammar, punctuation, and tone.
- Collaborate on projects and assignments with our Communications team as requested.
- Weekly availability of 20 hours per week.
- 4-month commitment, September through December 2023, with the possibility of extension.
- 2 years of experience in social media management.
- Basic knowledge of Canva or comparable design software.
- Experience with Adobe Suite is a plus.
- Interest in nonprofit, education, environment, or health-related issues.
- Proficient in Google Suite/Workspace.
- Experience with Monday.com is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail required.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Operational computer with reliable internet.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Applicants must be 18 or older.
Job Type: Contract, Remote
Compensation: Pay rate starting at $15 per hour, commensurate with experience.
To Apply – Complete our Application Form Here: (candidates who do not complete the form will not be considered):
About Educated Choices Program
The Educated Choices Program (ECP) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free food-related education, empowering students and community members to recognize the importance and responsibility of making informed decisions about their food, and building a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone. Offering digital presentations to students and communities across the globe, ECP has reached more than 3 million people in 3 languages, and we are just getting started!
ECP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. ECP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ECP are based on the organization's needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the USA. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. We believe in having a team with diverse backgrounds and perspectives and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, including historically underrepresented populations.