Factory Farming Awareness Coalition (FFAC) seeks a Director of Development with a proven track record and demonstrable passion for animal welfare, social justice, and sustainability.
BACKGROUND ON FFAC:
FFAC educates individuals and institutions about the devastating impacts of industrial animal agriculture and inspires them to work towards more just, compassionate, and sustainable food systems. Our programs, including presentations, internships, and advocacy initiatives, empower people to make more intentional food choices and to support cultural and legislative change for the benefit of all.
We are a small, dynamic, and resourceful organization. We work closely with one another, and each of us assumes a multiplicity of tasks. We often work outside our comfort zones.
- Work with the Board, leadership team, and regional directors to identify funding opportunities, targets, and approaches that integrate with FFAC’s programs and overall strategic plan
- Nurture relationships with existing and prospective donors
- Devise and implement annual individual giving campaign
- Maintain donor and prospect information using the Every Action database, providing statistical analysis to the Board and leadership team as needed
- Oversee fundraising events
- Identify grant opportunities and, with input from leadership team, write grant applications
- Oversee grant compliance and reporting
- Collaborate with staff to develop print and digital collateral
- Support regional directors with local fundraising
- A minimum of two years’ experience in successful revenue generation
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with staff and volunteers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Location & Hours
- Position will ideally be based in San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles
- Most work will be remote
- Travel will be required
- Hours are flexible
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive, nation-wide health insurance plan
- A remote work environment with flexible schedules.
- Up to 20 days of PTO plus holidays and sick leave
Please email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working to end factory farming to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FFAC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is critical to our values and mission, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive culture within our organization.
View this job on FFAC’s website: https://www.ffacoalition.org/development-director
About Factory Farming Awareness Coalition
From social justice to public health to sustainability, factory farming is one of the most serious issues facing the planet.
By educating young people and stakeholder audiences about the realities of factory farming, FFAC works to build both a consumer base for a sustainable, compassionate food system and an informed citizenry that supports cultural and legislative change.