The Communications Project Coordinator (CPC) is a key member of Farm Sanctuary’s marketing and communications team. Working closely with colleagues and teams across the organization, the CPC provides crucial support to move our mission forward. This role is ideal for a creative, thoughtful, and highly organized individual.
- Supports Digital Marketing & Analytics Manager and Content Manager in the creation of project plans including timelines for creative development, production, marketing, and distribution
- Collaborates and facilitates action plans to meet objectives; tracks budget and schedule
- Responsible for tracking project status, key milestones and raising issues to team members
- Maintains VIP/celebrity database; coordinates and tracks influencer outreach with Social Media Specialist; and facilitates sanctuary visits with the Events & Experience team,
- Builds articles and pages for Farm Sanctuary’s website as needed
- Maintains vendor and freelancer lists and facilitates contracts and relationships
- Coordinates and facilitates all print requests between internal stakeholders (cross-departments) and external printing vendors; ensures all printing projects are done in a timely manner with quality control.
- Supports Founder as needed
- Other responsibilities as identified by team leadership
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at once
- Attention to detail; critical thinking skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Positive attitude and a diplomatic demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Project management training preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, Asana, Basecamp, or equivalent project management software or the willingness to learn
- Aptitude to learn and utilize emerging technologies as well as keeping up with existing software
- Experience in social media, marketing, public relations, nice to have but not required
- Full-time, exempt position
- The position is based in Farm Sanctuary’s office in Los Angeles. Remote may be considered upon request.
- Competitive benefits package, including 13 paid holidays; generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; long-term disability insurance and free access to the CALM meditation app
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.
About Farm Sanctuary
Farm Sanctuary was founded in 1986 to combat the abuses of factory farming, advocate for institutional reforms, and encourage a new awareness and understanding of farm animals and the benefits of cruelty-free, plant-based living. In recent years, science has confirmed the inhumane and destructive impact of animal agriculture — a food system based on interrelated oppression and injustice.
As the founding farm animal Sanctuary in the U.S., Farm Sanctuary has rescued and provided refuge for countless survivors of the animal agriculture system. Today, at Farm Sanctuary’s Los Angeles, CA and Watkins Glen, NY Sanctuaries you will find nearly 1,000 rescued animals—each with an individual story to tell. These survivors are ambassadors, representing the billions of farm animals currently in the system. They, and others like them, have changed the hearts and minds of a generation.