Duties / Responsibilities
CEO Management & Support:
- Proactively manage the CEO’s obligations to the Board, staff, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Align CEO priorities with incoming requests to ensure top priorities are met first.
- Vet deliverables from others for completeness, ensuring materials are ready for review.
- Support CEO’s research and communications (writing, presentations, special projects).
- Manage the leadership team and all-staff meeting agendas, materials, and calendar.
- Represent CEO in cross-departmental meetings, providing a bridge for continuity.
- Lead the development and execution of special projects as directed by the CEO.
- Serve as liaison and the main point of support for the Board of Directors and CEO.
- Lead the drafting of all Board and committee agendas and coordinate meeting materials.
- Oversee scheduling of Board and committee meetings and meeting logistics.
- Ensure follow-through in Board deliverables and executive-level initiatives.
- Oversee the Board’s online document portal and organization of corporate records.
Qualifications / Skills
- Highly flexible, resilient, resourceful, trustworthy, and self-motivated team player.
- Leadership skills and confidence to prioritize and manage projects independently.
- Excellent communication, writing, and relationship management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discrete manner.
- Advanced GSuite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, and Internet skills.
- This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Full-time, exempt position; ability to travel, as needed.
- Competitive benefits package, including paid holidays; personal days; vacation and sick leave; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; and long-term disability insurance.
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.
About Farm Sanctuary
Farm Sanctuary was founded in 1986 to combat the abuses of factory farming, advocate for institutional reforms, and encourage a new awareness and understanding of farm animals and the benefits of cruelty-free, plant-based living. In recent years, science has confirmed the inhumane and destructive impact of animal agriculture — a food system based on interrelated oppression and injustice.
As the founding farm animal Sanctuary in the U.S., Farm Sanctuary has rescued and provided refuge for countless survivors of the animal agriculture system. Today, at Farm Sanctuary’s Los Angeles, CA and Watkins Glen, NY Sanctuaries you will find nearly 1,000 rescued animals—each with an individual story to tell. These survivors are ambassadors, representing the billions of farm animals currently in the system. They, and others like them, have changed the hearts and minds of a generation.