Farm Sanctuary’s seasonal tour guide positions offer a unique opportunity to live and work with a team of committed staff and volunteers focused on advocating for farm animals. Tour guides assist with all aspects of our Visitor Program activities and play a key role in educating the public on farm animal issues and a vegan lifestyle. This position is an excellent opportunity to gain skills and experience in animal advocacy work.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Providing visitor center and tour program needs from May through October
- Conducting public and special tours using script provided
- Staffing gift shop
- Providing customer service to guests
- Daily cleaning responsibilities
- Assisting with Bed and Breakfast Program, including regular breakfast set up, clean up, and housekeeping responsibilities
- Assisting with onsite sanctuary events and outreach projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable on farm animal and vegan issues
- Commitment to Farm Sanctuary’s mission and pursuing a vegan lifestyle
- Excellent communication and outreach skills
- Hard working and dependable
- Able to easily communicate with various audiences
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently
- Willingness and ability to perform physical labor and moderate lifting
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Full time temporary position available late April through end of October; candidates only available May through August will also be considered
- Position requires regular weekend and holiday hours
- Starting wage is $12 per hour for on-site staff, $13.50 for off-site staff
- Available positions: 3 on-site positions, 2 off-site positions
All interested applicants are required to complete Farm Sanctuary’s Employment Application and submit a cover letter connecting their experience to this specific position. Instructions for sending supplemental materials (resume, references) will be provided within the application.
For questions or to request a copy of the employment application by mail, please contact email@example.com.
About Farm Sanctuary
Farm Sanctuary was founded in 1986 to combat the abuses of factory farming and encourage a new awareness and understanding about farm animals. Today, Farm Sanctuary is the nation’s largest and most effective farm animal rescue and protection organization. We have rescued thousands of animals and cared for them at our sanctuaries in Watkins Glen, NY; Northern California (Orland); and the Los Angeles area. At Farm Sanctuary, these animals are our friends, not our food. We educate millions of people about their plight and the effects of factory farming on our health and environment. We advocate for laws and policies to prevent suffering and promote compassion, and we reach out to legislators and businesses to bring about institutional reforms.
Farm Sanctuary remains committed to ending cruelty to farm animals and promoting compassionate vegan living through rescue, education, and advocacy efforts.