Faunalytics is now accepting applications for a new Projects Manager role! This individual will work closely with the Research team to bring our original research projects to fruition, ultimately increasing our impact for animals. If you have a passion for animal advocacy, experience in project management, and familiarity with research, this is the career you’ve been waiting for. Read on to learn more about the position and how to apply!
- Lead and shape the research team’s approach to project management, including identifying and implementing transition to a new project management software
- Manage timelines and deliverables for the research team internally and coordinate with the communications and fundraising teams, planning for contingencies
- Lead time estimation and budget creation process for 10-12 new research projects each year
- Create and maintain process documentation for research project management
- Assess requests for partner projects and pro bono assistance, with Research Director
- Manage and monitor the research team’s budget and spending, with Research Director
- Audit past study timelines, provide/implement improvements; conduct audit annually if/as needed
- Review and respond to research team members’ weekly status reports
- Review and approve PTO requests with regard to project timeline management, with Research Director
- Manage research contractors (e.g., search for potential candidates, lead contract creation, monitor milestones, coordinate timelines), with scientific oversight provided by Research Director
- Manage research department volunteer and/or fellowship projects, with scientific oversight provided by Research Director
- Support leadership with the Animal Charity Evaluators review process (every other year)
- Support project management across the organization as needed
- Misc. tasks as they arise
Qualifications & Details
- Belief in Faunalytics’ mission
- 3+ years of experience in project management, handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Training in project management (e.g., Agile, Waterfall, Six Sigma, or any other approach); certification optional
- Expertise with project management software and processes
- Excellence in organization and coordination
- Excellence in clear and proactive communication with internal and external team members
- Ability to self-motivate and work remotely with limited oversight
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility in your work
- 3+ years of experience in research project management, handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with multiple project management approaches but not inflexibly committed to one
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology, political science, economics, or communications
- Experience in animal protection and effective animal advocacy
- Familiarity with Asana, Google Workspace, and Slack
- Reports to: Research Director
- Works closely with: Research Scientists
- Schedule: Full time (40 hours/week)
- Salary: $60,000 USD
- Vacation Package: 15 paid vacation days, 10 paid floating holidays, 10 paid self-care/sick days
- Benefits: Health care, vision, and dental stipend; equipment stipend; paid professional development opportunities; and retirement matching
- Location: Permanently remote (open to candidates in the U.S. or Canada)
Application Timeline and Process:
- January: The application deadline is January 31, 2024.
- February: Select candidates will be invited to one video interview with two Faunalytics team members.
- March: Finalists will be invited to a second and final video interview with two Faunalytics team members. Finalists will also be asked to complete a short work task. Finalists who are not selected for the role will receive a small stipend for time spent on the task and final interview.
- April: The target start date is April 15, 2024.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunities:
At Faunalytics our mission is to empower the animal protection community, and that means supporting advocates from all backgrounds and walks of life. We celebrate diversity in the movement, we’re committed to promoting diversity within our organization, and we believe that animal advocacy will be stronger when equity and inclusion are priorities. We strongly encourage women, BIPOC or people of the global majority, LGBTQ+ individuals, persons living with disabilities, and people of varied national origins to apply for this position, even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria listed above.
Our Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility is available here.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, size, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Our Non-Discrimination And Anti-Harassment Policy is available here.
To apply, please follow the instructions on this page: https://faunalytics.org/job-posting-projects-manager/
Faunalytics is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization that empowers animal advocates with access to the research and data they need to reduce animal suffering. With our small team, we conduct essential research, maintain an online research library, and directly support advocates and organizations in their work to save lives.