VEGAN MOBILE CATERING – EVENT UNIT MANAGER
Based out of Newcastle upon Tyne, with some UK-wide travel. Permanent contract – working months April – December. £24,000 annual salary with performance bonus. Up to 45 hours/week (hours vary – including some early mornings and late nights) Pension scheme, free food, workwear provided. Event work is mostly Thursday-Monday.
FlipnFast is a well-established and popular mobile catering business, based in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Our core product is sweet and savoury crepes, but we also sometimes serve a variety of other items including burgers and smoothies. All of the food we serve is strictly vegan, gluten-free, and we specialize in catering for food allergies & intolerances.
Events can range from 2 hours to 5 days. Early starts are common, with some late nights included.
Most of our events and festivals are in the North East, but we do travel around the UK.
We are known for our friendly service, delicious crepes, catering for special dietary requirements, and building rapport with event organisers & other caterers.
We are looking for a committed individual to join our team and take on the responsibility of running their own unit at events and festivals. The role comes with a competitive salary, performance bonus, and three months of downtime during our shutdown period. We will provide full training for the right candidate.
Full, clean driving licence. Confidence to tow a small trailer (with training). Available for weekends during working months. Happy to travel and stay at festivals.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in fast-paced mobile catering/hospitality work.
- Experience supervising staff, working independently and as part of a team.
- Experience making crepes/as a chef.
- Enthusiastic and energetic – mobile catering involves long days on your feet, some heavy lifting, and is often fast-paced.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to supervise and manage staff.
- Able to think on your feet and make decisions independently.
- Organized with good time management.
- Level 3 Food Hygiene.
WE WOULD LOVE TO FIND
- A fellow vegan.
- Experience of catering for serious food allergies.
- A lover of the festival/event work lifestyle.
THE ROLE INCLUDES
- Being responsible for your own unit and team at events.
- Prep and loading for events.
- Setting up at events (gazebos and/or trailer).
- Managing staff when applicable.
- Making crepes to a high quality, supervising and encouraging team members to do the same.
- Serving customers.
- Communicating well with event organizers and clients.
- Breaking down and loading once trading has finished.
- Variety – as well as varied hours/day, we cater at all sorts of different types of events, in different environments and with different types of people!
FlipnFast is a vegan and gluten free street food/festival & event catering business.
Our core product is crepes, but we are also looking for more opportunites to serve our burgers, nachos & more.