Forever MicroRanch: A Community Living Project is seeking one or two individuals, a couple, or a small family for the position of experienced Live-In Animal Caregiver / Gardener for the Farmed Animal Sanctuary component of the Community Living Project.
An Ideal Candidate will Posess:
- Previous sanctuary intern, volunteer, farmed animal care taking experience
- Farmed animal and/or human health care knowledge/experience
- Relational communication skills with humans and animals
- Experience with permaculture/organic food growing
- Ability to perform moderate physical labour and lifting up to 20kg
- Ability to maintain schedule of daily care requirements
- Ability to work indipendently and take inititiative
- Keen attention to detail and ability to follow instruction
- Creative problem solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An open and inquiring mind toward lifelong learning
- A commitment to exploring intersectional, sustainable, minimalist approaches to living
- A keen interest or experience in social/environmental justice activism
- A current driver’s liscence and clear vulnerable-sector criminal record check
- Plant-Based food provided with shared meal preparation
- Accommodations provided within shared farmhouse
- Peaceful, rural envrionment with natural surroundings
- Experience the undiscovered beauty of the Canadian Prairies
- Valuable skills and experience
- Be a part of the foundational buiding of an innovative community model within Canada
- Potential for long-term community living opportunities for the right individual(s)
- Opportunity for future income generation/business development as a member within the Community Living Project
Interested individuals please visit our website for more information about our organization,
Or contact us at fmrsanctuary(at)gmail.com to submit a resume and written expression of interest, detailing why you feel you would be the ideal candidate for this opportunity.
About Forever MicroRanch: A Community Living Project
Forever MicroRanch is a Canadian Non-Profit Community Living Project & Farmed Animal Sanctuary in Southwest Saskatchewan, where rescued farmed animals and human folk live as co-citizens within a community model that aims to demonstrate a kinder, more compassionate way forward, while illuminating issues of nonhuman, human and environmental injustice.
Forever MicroRanch: A Community Living Project is an eco-feminist, pro-intersectional, LGBT-run organization.