Free from Harm, a non profit dedicated to helping end animal exploitation through public education and grassroots activism, is looking for an experienced social media coordinator who can help us develop and implement a strategic plan to drive more engagement to our website. The position is freelance, ongoing and working remotely as an independent contractor on an hourly basis, about 10 to 15 hours per week. There are two main phases for the project.
Phase I: Research leading to strategic plan
· Researching website and social media metrics and posts from past and present to determine what kind of posts perform best
· Developing a strategy for post content, design and frequency across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Phase II: Ongoing implementation
· Implementing that strategy: assisting with creating and scheduling posts on social media platforms
· Reporting on key metrics for website engagement via Google Analytics
· Based on reporting, improving and tweeking strategic plan as needed
The ideal candidate will have:
· 3 to 6 years of experience developing/implementing a social media plan for a non profit organization
· A passion for intersectional and social justice causes, including animal rights
· Some creative and design ability in creating memes, sourcing and selecting strong imagery, etc.
· Strong writing skills and understanding of best practices for writing for the web and social media
· Ability to generate clever or appealing social media posts based on website content and current news stories in an effort to drive more social media traffic to the website