As Outreach Coordinator, your duties will be associated with bridging the gap between our mission and the community we wish to serve. You will be the face of Fuel the People in terms of our community project initiatives.
- reach out to other vegan organizations about Fuel the People
- respond to organizations that would like to collaborate with Fuel the People
- take initiative in connecting with communities that we may serve
- be present on behalf of Fuel the People at meetings and/or events related to possible collaboration
- create awareness about Fuel the People’s mission and purpose via outreach programs
- be able to commit 5 to 10 hours weekly, (depending on whether or not we have an event)
- be present at most events
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be located within the DMV area
- Prior experience with community service
- Knowledge of community outreach tactics, preferred
- Must be beginning or experiencing a vegan journey
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Confidence with public speaking
- Reliable form of transportation
About Fuel the People
What is Fuel the People?
Fuel the People is a non-profit organization with a mission to serve, empower and provide vegan awareness for the Black community through free food distribution and food justice education programs.