The Director of Development is charged with the development, coordination, and implementation of a comprehensive and diversified resource development program. The Director of Development will sustain this program by establishing relationships with funding sources and individual donors as well as managing and enhancing successful grant funding work. The challenge of this opportunity is to build upon the current base of support, while significantly expanding the donor base to enhance fundraising efforts. The Director of Development will work very closely with the Executive Director to leverage philanthropic activities and success.
The Director of Development is expected to develop and implement a broad-based, comprehensive fundraising program to include major individual gifts, planned giving, corporate and foundation relations (including grant writing), fundraising events, e-philanthropy, and direct marketing activities. Ongoing capital expansion is planned to occur over the next several years, and fundraising activities to support such expansion will also be the responsibility of this position.
Job Title: Director of Development
Job Status: Full-time, Salaried
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Executive Director, key staff and volunteers, and the Board of Directors to develop and implement a broad-based, comprehensive fundraising program.
- Develop programs/campaigns to include major individual gifts, planned giving, foundation relations, fundraising events, e-philanthropy, as well as social networking and direct marketing
- Identify and cultivate institutional funding opportunities; prepare proposals and reports
- Enhance existing resource development programs and establish new programs to secure both short and long-range fundraising.
- Assist with board-building strategies and other volunteer committee activities that support fundraising.
- Oversee all aspects of major gift cultivation and solicitation, including working closely with the Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain existing fundraising systems and recordkeeping procedures including the resource development database.
- Track and acknowledge current and potential donors, record and report all gifts.
- Oversee social media campaigns and fundraising via SM platforms
Specific qualifications include:
- Experience with setting up and management of CMS.
- Experience in resource development including management of fundraising campaigns.
- Comfort independently soliciting major gifts from individuals and organizations.
- Organization and prioritization skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and ability to communicate effectively with members, supporters, co-workers, etc.
- Possess strong relationship-building, communication and motivational skills.
- Skills and experience in software applications, including Word, Excel, donor prospecting, email marketing tools, and social networking.
- Experience working with high-net worth donors and has a proven track record of successful fundraising solicitations and meeting fundraising campaign goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedicated to the mission of Full Circle Farm Sanctuary.
- Experience and understanding of marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5 years’ experience required.
About Full Circle Farm Sanctuary
Full Circle Farm Sanctuary (FCFS) is a 50 acre sanctuary located in Warm Springs Georgia that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals. In addition to providing a nurturing lifetime home for over 100 animals here at our sanctuary, we also network with other sanctuaries and animal advocates in efforts to help find loving forever homes for many more animals who need our help. Likewise, through one-on-one interactions with our rescued animal resident ambassadors, along with community outreach and education, we strive to bring public perceptions of farmed animals full circle to embrace true compassion for all.