Organization Description: Full Circle Farm Sanctuary (FCFS) is a 160 acre sanctuary located in Warm Springs Georgia that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals. In addition to providing a nurturing lifetime home for over 200 animals here at our sanctuary, we also network with other sanctuaries and animal advocates in efforts to help find loving forever homes for many more animals who need our help. Likewise, through one-on-one interactions with our rescued animal resident ambassadors, along with community outreach and education, we strive to bring public perceptions of farmed animals full circle to embrace true compassion for ALL.
If you are unfamiliar with Full Circle Farm Sanctuary, visit our website at www.fullcirclefarmsanctuary.org before considering applying. Please make sure you meet the qualifications before applying for this position. Applicants who do not adhere to a vegan/cruelty-free lifestyle will not be considered.
Job Title: Executive Director
Job Status: Full Time Salaried
Immediate Supervisor: Board of Directors
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Full Circle Farm Sanctuary. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission
Responsible for leading FCFS in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
Responsible for the fiscal integrity of FCFS, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget and within the financial policies enacted by the board, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position. Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support FCFS’ mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
Responsible for implementation of FCFS’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission
Responsible for development of the strategic plan with the board, and enacting that plan to ensure that FCFS can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future. Responsible for the enhancement of FCFS’ image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate. Responsible for the effective administration of FCFS operations within the policies adopted by the board
Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff. Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization, within the approval authority matrix.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
– Ensure implementation of Policies adopted by the Board, and follow the policies accordingly
– Planning and operation of annual budget
– Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit which follow the overall policies adopted by the Board, or as written in the by-laws
– Serving as FCFS’ primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
– Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance FCFS’ Mission
– Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions
– Supervise, collaborate with organization staff
– Coordinate the development of a strategic plan and assume responsibility for implementation
– Oversee marketing and other communications efforts
– Review and recommend contracts for services for approval to the Board
– Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
– A bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
– Transparent and high integrity leadership
– Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
– Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
– Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
– Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
– Past success working with a board of directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
– Knowledge and experience in caring for farmed animals
– Ability to convey a vision of FCFS’ strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
– Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
– Skills to collaborate with and motivate volunteers
– Strong written and oral communication skills
– Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
– Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
– Technical skills – Microsoft office, email, Facebook and other platforms
– Strong public speaking ability
– Must adhere to a vegan lifestyle
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
May include moderate to heavy work – Exerts from 30lbs to 50lbs force. Standing, sitting, reaching, typing and walking are common
Prerequisites for Employment:
– Pre-employment drug test
– Criminal Background Check
– Georgia Family Care Safety Registry Check
EEO/AA Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Hours/Days: days of week may vary; schedule subject to change anytime, required to work some holidays
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
Benefits Package: Vacation, Health, Dental & Vision Insurance.
Please submit a cover letter discussing your vegan journey and your previous experience with non-profit leadership, a resume, and a minimum of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CALLS, please.
About Full Circle Farm Sanctuary
Organization Description: Full Circle Farm Sanctuary (FCFS) is a 50 acre sanctuary located in Warm Springs Georgia that serves as a permanent safe haven for farmed animals. In addition to providing a nurturing lifetime home for over 100 animals here at our sanctuary, we also network with other sanctuaries and animal advocates in efforts to help find loving forever homes for many more animals who need our help. Likewise, through one-on-one interactions with our rescued animal resident ambassadors, along with community outreach and education, we strive to bring public perceptions of farmed animals full circle to embrace true compassion for ALL.