With your fundraising experience and enthusiasm, you can join the team and help us meet our 2020 Goals:
Triple capacity for our animal residents to 150 (currently at 50).
Build an on-site medical building.
Build a new 40’ x 80’ barn to accommodate additional animal residents.
Expand pasture and fencing infrastructure for the additional animal residents.
Expand the fencing and housing for our beautiful bird residents.
Upgrade our electrical system to support the additional buildings, lighting and heating requirements.
Position: Fundraising and Donor Relations Manager.
Location: Mostly remote with limited meeting taking place at the GLR location.
Job Type: Approximately 5 hours per week, unpaid volunteer. This position has the potential to become part- or full-time paid employment in the future depending on the evolving needs of the organization.
The Fundraising and Donor Relations Manager is responsible for developing and implementing engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue with prospective and current donors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing, managing, and executing the annual fundraising calendar, completing analysis and making informed recommendations for any modifications needed.
- Participate in direct donor cultivation and solicitation activities, ensuring that solicitations are carried out, thanking prospects and donors, and reporting to donors on results.
- Develop and propose strategies to solicit for and secure major gifts.
- Collaborate with Leadership and Communications team to develop community engagement events with the goal of increasing donor acquisition and donor retention rates.
- Ensure development of high-quality major gift program communications, such as letters, funding proposals, reports, and other materials.
- Establish and maintain detailed donor and fundraising database.
- Understanding of and dedication to fulfilling the GLR’s mission and ethics.
- The ideal candidate will be an individual with 5+ years of fundraising experience, including progressive and successful development experience in major gifts and a strong track record of successful team management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in business or public administration and management.
- 2+ years of non-profit experience.
- Experience working with philanthropic databases preferred.
- Proficiency with CRM database to manage fundraising and donor activity.
- Develop and maintain collaborative efforts with the GLR staff and volunteers to develop meaningful and strategic relationships with current and prospective donors
About Good Life Refuge
The Good Life Refuge (GLR) was founded to provide a sanctuary for abused and at-risk farm animals, combat the abuses of factory farming, and increase awareness about the benefits of a plant-centric nutritional lifestyle. The GLR believes that animals deserve to be seen as sentient beings and should receive the best treatment and care possible. Through community outreach, we educate thousands of people about the plight of farm animals and the negative impacts of factory farming on human health, the environment, and animal welfare. The GLR is a 501(c)(3) founded in 2018 and located in Longmont, Colorado.