Looking for a detail-oriented person with a minimum of 2 years recent farm animal care experience and 1 year of people management experience to reside at the farm and lead our small animal caregiver team.
We are seeking applicants for a long-term position (one-year minimum).
Dependable (all-weather) transportation is necessary; applicants must be over 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license. Some weekends and holidays are required.
• Feed and water 60+ animals mornings and evenings
• Administer daily medication
• Oversee routine barn and stall cleanouts
• Train and supervise animal caregiver assistants and volunteers
• Complete small farm maintenance projects
• Complete routine animal health checks (and some additional checks, as needed)
• Assist with rescues and vet visits
• Maintain feed, farm, and medication supplies
• Keep up-to-date computerized records of animal care, health checks and vet visits
This is a great job for someone who:
• Has a passion for farm animal advocacy
• Enjoys physically and mentally-demanding work
• Loves being outdoors in ALL weather
• Has a positive “can-do” attitude
• Is a great communicator and team player
• Understands the importance of following rules, policies and procedures
• Is open to receiving and applying constructive feedback
• Adjusts easily and quickly to evolving instructions based on the needs of the animals
• Is able to routinely lift and stack 50lb bags of grain unassisted
• Is emotionally strong, mature, and capable of handling animal crises in a sometimes-stressful and challenging work environment.
The Resident Caregiver resides full-time on the farm (with 2 weeks of vacation/year) and is expected to work 5 consecutive days/week. They are also expected to be on call to assist with animals in crises, rescues, vet visits and other such urgent or unexpected matters.
We are a farm animal rescue and sanctuary and our mission is to make the world a more compassionate place for all beings. In service to this mission, we respectfully require a plant-based diet when on sanctuary property.
About Graze in Peace
Graze in Peace is a 20-acre animal sanctuary where farmed animals such as pigs, chickens, turkeys, goats, sheep and llamas are given a second chance at life in a safe, loving and peaceful environment. We provide lifelong homes to all animals we take in and through our humane education, sustainable living, and therapeutic care farm programs, we are building a base of compassion in our community where ALL beings can live in peace and thrive together.