The Café Manager is the primary business operator for an assigned Green & Tonic Café. The Manager is responsible for the implementation of our policies, procedures, customer service delivery and will participate in achieving our revenue objectives. This business leader will ensure that the staff role models company values, beliefs and our brand identity while ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations, the Cafe Manager practices and executes ownership of all business accountability of their location including, P&L, labor and expense and local marketing efforts.
Acting as an ambassador for the brand, the café manager ensures a clean, fun, knowledgeable and inviting experience for each and every customer. The manager builds rapport with customers and staff to encourage repeat business and long-lasting relationships.
Responsibilities and Duties
Personally, delivers and leads all Green & Tonic team members to deliver the following:
· Thorough product knowledge of all G&T menu offerings, offering suggestions and options to customers. Upselling complimentary products to enhance a customer’s experience.
· Preparation and presentation of specified menu items in a clean, efficient and friendly manner.
· Operate Point of Sale system and engage with customers placing orders.
· Ensure a safe, secure, and sanitized work environment and customer facing areas. Perform general cleaning duties as established by the company.
· Keeps all display and general product and merchandise units stocked and in order per company standards.
· Safeguards company assets including, cash, inventory, equipment, and proprietary information.
· Ensure the highest quality of product and service is delivered to the customer.
· Delivers expected financial and operational results including revenue, profit and loss metrics, cost of goods, and labor expense.
· Recruit, train and retain a team of Green & Tonic staff to effectively and efficiently deliver the company service and brand promises.
· Legally permitted work in the US without need for sponsorship
· Previous service industry management experience
· Experience in managing diverse workforce teams
· A passion for organic foods and healthy food options
· A desire to learn about food, nutrition, culinary preparation and share this knowledge with customers and other team members.
· Effectively communicate with customers and team members and convey enthusiasm and a positive approach to all work duties and assignments.
· Must work well independently with minimal supervision or follow-up.
· Flexible/varied schedule availability to meet the needs of the business.
· Other duties as assigned.
Physical Job Requirements/Essential Job Functions
· Stand and walk for extended periods of time
· Bend, stoop, kneel, and lean to grasp objects and manipulate equipment
· Lift up to 50 lbs, pull/push up to 10 lbs using a utility cart.
· Exposure to extreme temperatures (freezers, ovens etc.) for brief periods of time.
· Responsible use of knives and other tools with sharp edges.
· Other duties as assigned
About Green & Tonic
A plant based company serving delicious, crave-able food across five cafes in lower Fairfield county Connecticut.