- Build and maintain the backend of the web applications.
- Communicate with the frontend engineering team to design the API.
- Write high-quality, scalable, well-documented and maintainable code.
- Establish and maintain DevOps practices to maximize automation and continuous delivery practices including comprehensive unit testing automation.
- Deploy and manage server hosting on cloud environments.
- Keep on top of new technologies.
- Passionate in promoting green lifestyle (knowledge in vegetarian / vegan product is a plus)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computing Science or related discipline.
- Have at least 3 – 4 years solid experience developing backend applications.
- Have experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, ELB, etc.
- Experience with Phalcon Framework knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge with Node.js and Express frameworks.
- Expert knowledge of RESTful API design and development.
- Expert knowledge in Git.
Interested parties please apply with full resume stating availability, current and expected salaries.
HappyCow is an online service that was founded in 1999 to create a world guide to vegetarian and vegan restaurants. That objective has since been refined to be to assist, "people everywhere to find vegan, vegetarian, and healthy food".
Access is free to users, who can also provide content. From the original restaurant listings and reviews, HappyCow has expanded to feature information on recipes, travel, health, and other topics.
User access is free to encourage crowd-sourced content provision. The number of listings has expanded to over 50,000 businesses in over 175 countries around the world. Reviews of these listings number over 150,000. Restaurants remain the core listings group and are categorised as either, vegan, vegetarian, or veg-friendly. The initial definition for veg-friendly was based on a minimum menu content being at least 60% vegetarian. This has since been modified into a more flexible set of guidelines based on the alternative availability of vegan food in the area. HappyCow's orientation in general has gravitated over time to be increasingly pro-vegan.
Other listings additionally include health food shops, juice bars, vegan friendly accommodation, social and activity groups, catering operations and other entities with consideration for animal compassion. Subscription for a free newsletter is available. The website has well established forum and blog sections allowing users to publish relevant material.