Are you passionate about food?
Do you aspire to create a more sustainable future for yourself and others?
Have you been working in the food industry, but feel that your value isn’t being recognized currently? – OR – Have you wanted to work in the food industry but don’t know where to get started?
Do you dream about joining a team that is focused on “big picture solutions” for a better world?
If so – let’s chat!
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Follows proper Health Code and safety guidelines at all times and ensures other kitchen staff is as well.
- If interacting with customers, provide an open and welcoming environment for all
- Demonstrate proper food handling, sanitation, and cleanliness standards at all times and enforces this with other kitchen staff is as well.
- Instructing and collaborating other kitchen staff members in conjunction with owner/head chef.
- Oven and kitchen equipment operation
- Ensure proper time and temperature controls of hot foods, cooked foods, chilled foods, and all items on the prep line. Ensure all cooking and holding temperature standards are followed.
- Ensures quality and consistency of all menu items.
- Checks inventory levels are at adequate to supply current needs and works with management to place food and supply orders.
- Ensure all prep stations are kept clean and organized and that equipment and utensils are clean.
- Communicate effectively between FOH and BOH
- Make sure all equipment is in proper working order at all times.
- Operate efficiently in a fast-paced kitchen setting to minimize waste.
- Follow all recipes accurately and prepare foods to specifications.
- Adheres to the policies and standards as outlined in the HeyO! Employee handbook
- Thrives working in a team environment
- Food Handlers Certification (if you do not currently hold a valid Food Handlers Certification card – that’s ok – but you will be required to complete and pass the Food Handler’s test prior to full HeyO! employment status).
- Follows proper Health Code and safety guidelines at all times
- Detail oriented and attention to quality. Quick learner.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced kitchen environment and delegating tasks as needed.
- Two years experience working in a commercial kitchen. Plant-based cooking experience a plus, but not required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (up to 8 hours)
- Able to lift up to 50lbs at a time
- Able to bend easily
- We have an “all hands on deck” attitude and you may be expected to perform other tasks outside of the above outlined duties as needed
- Passionate about food and possess a desire to create a better world
Want to explore our menu and learn a bit more? Visit HeyOeats.com
We’d love to hear from you – First step, fill out this application linked here.
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About HeyO! eats
We’re passionate entrepreneurs looking to take our experience within the food industry to help craft a more sustainable and harmonious future. Our first company is IGZU, the world’s first bottled bamboo leaf tea, which can currently be found throughout California and Hawaii, as well as internationally. Our whole mission is to make more sustainable food and make that easily accessible to the everyday consumer. We’ve decided to start a new venture in our own backyard, which is HeyO! eats – a fast-casual, 100% plant-powered, counter-service restaurant located in downtown Mountain View, CA.
We’re all about creating 100% plant-powered good times, so that includes nosh-worthy eats and a thirst-quenching tap rotation, ranging from non-alcoholic kombuchas, as well as adult kombuchas, to regional, hard-to-find brews and seasonal wines.