Holy Carrot is a well-loved brand, stemming from a long residency in Knightsbridge and followed by a series of summer events and Supper Clubs, that have earned us a fiercely loyal customer base. We’re now gearing up for the launch of our flagship restaurant in a prime corner location on Portobello Road, for which we are moving Holy Carrot into it’s 2.0 iteration.
We are partnering with Daniel Watkins (of Acme Fire Cult fame) to blend our love of creative plant-based food, with his signature open-flame cooking, to create something truly ground-breaking. Daniel (Executive Chef) and our Head Chef are working to build and execute a regularly changing, seasonality-led menu, with a serious focus on innovation and sustainability.
The space will be elegant and earthy, with the design of the restaurant being led by owner and ex-Vogue producer Irina Linovich, who holds a deep knowledge on how to stand out from the crowd in this up-market location.
As General Manager it will be your responsibility to lead the FOH and bar teams to deliver a seamless and warm experience for our customers, we are both a neighbourhood and destination restaurant, with a heavy tourist footfall, so it is essential to ensure each customer journey is tailored accordingly. The business’ overall performance (financial, reviews, followers etc) rests with the GM who we will work with closely to establish achievable goals.
If this sounds like a journey you would like to be a part of, please get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minimum 3 years as GM – ideally with launch experience
- Strong financial acumen – ability to produce accurate P&L reports, control costs and effectively manage stock
- Meticulous rota management skills with necessary in-service agility
- IT competency (MS Office, EPOS, reservation and all other systems)
- H&S and FSMS compliance management
- Recruitment experience
- A charismatic and memorable character
- A strong leader who can inspire, support & develop their teams
- An effective communicator – both within the restaurant team and to head office departments who support the business (accounting, marketing etc)
- Someone who thrives in fast paced, high pressure environments
- Someone who wants to drive Holy Carrot to be a leading venue in the highly competitive London restaurant market (menus, service & presence)
- A passion for our values of sustainability and respect of the humble vegetable – and the ability to communicate this to our teams and guests
- Fanatical attention to detail and a nurturing service style
- Intuitive and fast decision making skills
- A creative approach to evolving the business over time and in line with market trends including. collaborations and partnerships
- The ability to capitalise on the unique opportunity of our prominent corner location, in a densely populated residential area with high tourist footfall
- £45-50K p/annum + TRONC + KPI-driven bonus scheme
- FOH team of approximately 15 people to manage
- Reporting to The Owners, Daniel Watkins and LXA Hospitality Consultants
- A roll out plan for additional sites in London and internationally
- GM start date: March 2024
- Full team recruitment March – April
- Launch activation April – May
- Onboarding full team May
- Expected launch: end of May / early June – Second site: November 2024, location TBC
About Holy Carrot
Holy Carrot is a plant-based restaurant, open for all-day dining. We're on a mission to change the perception of plant-based food with globally inspired dishes that not only taste good but feel good.
Our goal is to create a warm and inviting environment with a menu that focuses on using ethically sourced, seasonal produce, prepared in a mindful manner. For us, that means using the best quality ingredients from our beloved suppliers. We care about what our customers consume, that's why our dishes are free from preservatives, refined sugar, additives and mostly gluten free.