Role Profile: Fundraising Group Member (Volunteer)
Location: UK (community and home-based near volunteer’s home)
Reporting to: Local Community Coordinator
Hours: Approx. 3-5 hours per week (flexible)
International Aid for the Protection & Welfare of Animals (IAPWA) was founded in 2009 and aims to provide protection and improve the welfare of animals in need. We exist for the benefit of the animals who need our help and are driven by those who are passionate about providing this lifeline.
Our achievements have and continue to be possible through the combined dedication of everyone within the IAPWA Team who enable us to make an impact through the collective action we take.
IAPWA’S FUNDRAISING GROUP PROGRAMME
IAPWA are developing community-based fundraising groups across the UK consisting of people who are passionate about improving animal welfare.
Each group will be led by a Community Coordinator, who is in charge of recruiting volunteers, keeping in touch with IAPWA and leading the group’s activities. After being set up, the fundraising groups would be hosting their own fundraisers, attending events to raise awareness of IAPWA and generally acting as ambassadors for the charity in their region.
As a Fundraising Group Member, you will be working as part of a team to raise funds and awareness for IAPWA’s work under the leadership of your local Community Coordinator. This is a flexible and diverse role. Here are some of the activities you might get involved in:
● Support with fundraising in your community
● Generating fundraising ideas with the group
● Organising and hosting your own fundraising events
● Inspiring your network of contacts to support IAPWA’s work
● Attending local events to raise awareness of IAPWA and collecting donations
The ideal candidate will have:
● A desire to work with people
● A can-do, proactive approach
● The ability to use your initiative and work independently
● A passion for animal welfare and IAPWA’s mission
● Great communication and time management skills
● Ability to work as part of a team
● Strong communication skills
● Experience of volunteering or fundraising for a charity (not essential)
● Ability to use social media (not essential)
Benefits to volunteering with IAPWA:
● Meet local people and be part of a great team
● Build your confidence and develop transferable skills
● Gain valuable experience and enhance your CV
IAPWA was founded in 2009 to provide protection and improve the welfare of animals in need. Today we are an international animal welfare charity, driven to provide a lifeline for animals around the world.
Through our projects and partnerships, we’re committed to creating long-term change, working towards a better future for all animals. Our work is vast and includes providing veterinary services to animals in need, educating communities about the importance of animal welfare, working with authorities to develop humane dog and cat population management programmes, and even finding supportive homes for dogs and cats through our adoption programmes. We provide care to thousands of animals worldwide every year and rely on the support of generous animal lovers like you to help us.