We’re looking to hire a team of enthusiastic Shop Assistants for a permanent location (to be revealed soon) in London who are also capable at turning their hands to some work in our commercial kitchen in East London, street food markets and festivals.
Type of role:
- Potential for full time opportunity;
- Potential for growth into Supervisory role;
- Immediate start.
Purpose of role:
- Shop: Provide courteous, professional service to guests/patrons. Assist in preparation of food set-up, service and clean-up.
- Market Stall: Provide courteous, professional service to customers. Assist with set-up and pack down of stall, food preparation, cooking and clean-up.
- Kitchen: Assist with food preparation and ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational.
- Have at least 1 year Customer Service experience;
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule and be available to work weekends;
- Show ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritise tasks in order of importance and in line with time management.
Jake’s Vegan Steaks (JVS) is expanding, meaning we have loads of hours available. We’re looking for people to prepare and serve up our popular Philly Cheezesteak Sandwiches and loaded fries while adding value to the JVS culture of exceptional service with a cool, authentic vibe. We want candidates that are willing to grow with the business, who are open to new opportunities and who’s attitudes align with the company’s values: Belief, Attitude, Team, Growth, Exceptional.
If this sounds like you, please take the time to visit our website, Facebook and Instagram pages to find out more about JVS. We look forward to hearing from you.
About Jake's Vegan Steaks
JAKE'S VEGAN STEAKS IS AN ALL-VEGAN STREET FOOD COMPANY SPECIALISING IN SERVING UP PHILADELPHIA STYLE CHEEZESTEAKS! ALL OF OUR STEAKS ARE HANDMADE FROM SCRATCH, COOKED TO ORDER AND DRESSED WITH A VARIETY OF TOPPINGS TO CREATE THE ULTIMATE VEGAN STEAK EXPERIENCE.
OUR MENU HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT SINCE EARLY 2016. IT UNDERWENT MANY TRADE PILOTS AND RECIPE IMPROVEMENTS TO CREATE THE CHEEZESTEAK THAT IS ON OFFER TODAY. WE NOW TRADE AT FESTIVALS IN THE UK AND SEVERAL DIFFERENT STREET FOOD MARKETS AND EVENTS AROUND LONDON.
OUR AIM IS TO PROMOTE A NEW EDGE ON PLANT-BASED LIVING, WITH INNOVATIVE AND DELICIOUS DISHES THAT APPEAL TO THE WIDEST POSSIBLE AUDIENCE. BREAKING DOWN THE BARRIERS OF SCEPTICISM BY CAREFULLY DESIGNING OUR STEAKS TO OFFER THAT MOUTHFUL OF TASTE BUD TINGLING FLAVOURS IN EVERY BITE, REGARDLESS OF WHO'S EATING IT AND WHY.