Jameson Humane Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Program Coordinator
Jameson Humane is looking for a Volunteer Program Coordinator. This position is a key supporting role with a high level of responsibility and impact. This position will primarily work with the hundreds of Volunteers that support Jameson Humane, planning, scheduling, and organizing tasks to keep time and attention focused on the Program Managers Individual needs, animals, volunteer staff, projects, and priorities.
The person in this role provides administrative, system, onboarding and community outreach support to Jameson Humane and must be diligent, results oriented, have strong service and communication skills, have a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize volunteers with the needs and urgencies of our staff and animals. This role requires someone who loves to work with people, to learn and effectively multitask without losing attention to details and schedules. Must be able to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Must be a team player.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reliably prepares, edits and maintains correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents for the Volunteer program and Program Managers.
- Organizes daily scheduling of volunteers to perform tasks/walking/cleaning/feeding of all animals housed at Jameson ranch as well as those in foster homes and/or anywhere else volunteer help is needed.
- Directly responsible for ensuring a 98% volunteer fill rate to perform needed tasks.
- Plan, organize and co-ordinate volunteer support for any Jameson Humane functions and special events including annual WineaPAWlooza.
- Assist Program Managers with the development and execution of volunteer support needed for their individual programs.
- Creates reports and records for volunteer groups and programs by location and type of support each volunteer staff member can assist with. Responsible for compiling, organizing and presenting the information in useable and understandable formats such as Excel and PowerPoint.
- Creates and maintains a Volunteer Handbook which includes all volunteer related programs and processes.
- Responsible for onboarding new volunteers, ensuring their background checks are cleared, orientation and training, and keeping individual volunteer files current and up to date.
- Must be available to attend/work all Saturday Farmers Markets – 7am – 1pm
- Must be comfortable with public speaking or speaking/training to large groups of people.
- Stay informed on community events, programs and resources and how Jameson Humane can relate to those and be an active part of the community
- Responsible for retention management by reaching out to volunteers who are no longer engaging with Jaemson to determine the reason(s) for their departure and if they want to continue offering support for Jameson Humane.
- Works positively and in tandem with all staff
Schedule Management (40%)
This may include setting up calendars and reoccurring schedules of volunteer staff as it relates to Jameson staff and animal needs. In addition to maintaining calendars, this involves ensuring there are no scheduling conflicts and ensuring all feedings/walking’s/cleanings are scheduled at maximum effectiveness and time utilization for Jameson staff and volunteers.
Office Management (10%)
These responsibilities involve making sure that everything is in place for the volunteer staff to function smoothly. Tasks range from keeping up with point of contacts for volunteers, ensuring all logs, calendars tools and supplies volunteers need are readily available. This also includes acting as the primary point of contact for all volunteer related activities, programs and events.
This role manages the flow of information from Jameson staff and ranch members to Jameson volunteers. This includes developing and organizing all Jameson ranch volunteer needs, communicating with team members, staff and community programs. The person in this role is key in building our company’s reputation and will be critical to maintain cordial and respectful relationships with all volunteers. To be successful in this role the candidate must understand the importance of their role in influencing the culture, working environment and brand across the organization.
Information Preparation (10%)
This role will be involved in preparing and formatting information for internal and external distribution. This may include compiling data for reports, creating computerized presentations, writing reports, formatting volunteer communications, editing, proofreading and other information preparation duties. In carrying out this work the person in this role needs to research, collect or prepare documents, reports, verify the facts, ensure completeness and have materials ready in a timely manner.
System Management/Data Analysis (15%)
The person in this role, will not only use their computer and critical thinking skills to analyze Jameson needs, this role will also be responsible for gaining a full understanding of systems/technology available for us to use in our streamlining efforts moving forward. Must also be able to troubleshoot and be the lead when launching all future systems/technology.
Ideal Skills and Qualifications
- Team Player
- Previous experience in a senior administrative position
- Superior computer skills i.e. Software systems and reporting, Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation preparation
- Strong business acumen and understanding of operational issues
- Extremely detailed oriented
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workflow
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement, show initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work independently, use initiative, and make decisions quickly in confidential, organized, and detailed manner.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information
- Previous experience in system support is highly preferred
Work is performed primarily indoors. Lighting is artificial. Equipment used includes standard office equipment i.e. computer, printer, telephone and copy machine. Physical demands include sitting, standing, walking, repetitive use of either or both hands. There are animals at Jameson Humane, so therefore there is occasional exposure to sick or injured animals and possible exposure to parasites and infectious diseases.
About Jameson Humane
Jameson Humane is a no kill rescue and sanctuary based in Napa Valley committed to ending hunger, neglect, cruelty and overpopulation for all domestic animals