We make it easy for everyone to build healthy habits and eat more fruit and vegetables by creating innovative products that are highly nutritious, sustainable and delicious.
How We Do It
Just 1 in 10 US adults eats the recommended minimum of 5 cups of fruits and vegetables every day. We’re helping solve that problem with convenient, organic, and mouth-watering products.
We transform fresh, organic fruits and veggies into handy single-serving instant smoothies. Each one contains about 80 calories, and gives the same nutritional benefits as 2.5 cups of fresh produce.
We are a fast-growing B-Corp startup who strongly believes every single kencko-er we hire is a key part of our shared success. You will work with the Head of Retention to define and implement kencko’s retention strategy. Above all, you’ll have the opportunity to shape a key part of the business: strategizing memorable experiences that reinforce why kencko products make for healthy habits!
- You’ll be responsible for the creation and implementation of everything email, SMS, and other direct customer comms. Among others, this means:
- Taking full ownership of the campaigns you create while ensuring the communication meets kencko’s standards before its distributed to our member base
- Creating and analyzing the results of all our direct comms, including weekly newsletters and regular email flows to various segments
- Maintaining and testing new one-off emails and flows to leads, active and churned members
- Monitoring the campaign performance (incl. deliverability)
- Suggesting and setting-up AB tests to constantly improve Retention
- Proactively contributing to making the referral program a significant percentage of new acquisitions
- Helping launch new flavors and categories. Find the best tactics to increase member adoption. Create a feedback loop to help the team understand how new products and categories are performing
- Working in a cross-functional team composed of marketers, product people, engineers, and designers to create and deliver strategies and tactics to improve customer lifetime value
- Actively contribute to the Retention strategy to improve LTV, increase AOV, and reduce churn while delivering a product and service our members truly want and love
Experience You Bring
- A hands-on CRM-focused marketer with extensive direct channel experience (3+ years), preferably in a startup environment
- Demonstrably experienced with end-to-end customer lifecycle campaigns. A sprinkle of customer segmentation in the mix won’t hurt!
- Knowledgeable of the technical side of email marketing as well as the promotional aspects of email as a growth channel
- Analytical. You love working with data and using insights to learn what is and isn’t working, and plan your next big-impact strategy
- Customer-led. All your decisions are driven by customer insight and a deep understanding of user-psychology
- Highly organized. You have a natural desire to maintain, plan and track projects ensuring nothing is missed
- Intimately aware of the realities of our biggest market, the US
- Experience in a DTC subscription service. Bonus points if that was with a food and nutrition subscription service
- Experience driving retention via referral & loyalty programs
- Experience working directly with product, engineering team, and design teams, ideally with a touch of project management
- Hands-on experience with some of the tools we use regularly, namely Klaviyo and Looker
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join a B-Corp team that is shaking-up the nutrition industry for the better!
- Choose where you work from as long as your timezone overlaps with the US East Coast or Western Europe
- An employee stock equity award
- Private health insurance, kencko pays 100% premium for you and your spouse/domestic partner
- 25 days of paid time off
- Donation to your favorite charity on your birthday!
- Wellness perks via our kencko-er assistance program
- A casual, dynamic, ambitious, and for real fun work environment
kencko is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We transform fresh, organic fruits and veggies into handy single-serving powdered smoothies. Each one contains about 80 calories, and gives the same nutritional benefits as 2 cups of fresh produce. No need to freeze or blend, simply shake with water or your favorite milk for a quick, healthy boost - wherever you are.
We're a venture-funded B-corp. We're remote-first, with physical locations in Brooklyn and new work, and bring together 8 nationalities speaking more than 10 languages. As a fast-growing startup, we’re always hungry for fresh talent. Are you a great collaborator with a passion for finding innovative, sustainable solutions?