Khepera CIC is a community company based in High Wycombe, running nutritional plant-based cooking sessions, health talks around south-East England (London & Buckinghamshire). Our aim is to improve community health through sharing skills & knowledge via fun, interactive food projects, cooking classes and events.
Are you able to create tasty, easy recipes to help meat eaters go meat free or have more meat free days? Then we need to hear from you!
Our goals are to: –
· decrease meat consumption by teaching members of the community how to cook vegan dishes
· Improve life skills – the impact of our food choices on individual health & the health of the planet
· Increase knowledge, self-awareness & confidence through natural foods
We are looking for individuals to lead vegan cooking classes at our central location and occasionally community venues in High Wycombe. Teaching people with varying levels of cooking ability, in a friendly, non–judgmental manner.
Using everyday equipment and widely accessible ingredients, groups of up to 12 people will be taught how to create dishes – sessions will end with everyone eating the meal together.
Role and Tasks
· Represent our company in a professional manner.
· Teach community members to cook plant-based dishes.
· Share knowledge & practical skills on vegan living
· Manage assistants – assigning class duties, manage class set up and clean down.
· Health & safety – adhere to safeguarding, food hygiene, legal and Khepera CIC reporting standards.
· Complete a one-page report / feedback on the session – attendee numbers & feedback.
Passionate about sharing the vegan message via knowledge & skills sharing.
Professional, committed, friendly, enthusiastic.
Ability to plan & deliver fun, interactive 3-hour cooking classes.
DBS Checked – Child & Adult
Good time keeping, great organizational skills and patient.
Adherence to safeguarding policies for young people and vulnerable adults – preferably certified.
Awareness of health and safety, food hygiene regulations
Previous teaching experience, an advantage
Own Transport essential
About Khepera CIC
Our aim is to help people improve their health naturally & holistically by increasing knowledge of the benefits of a vegan diet.
We do this via: -
Community nutrition focused cooking classes
Community health focused cooking classes & projects
Health & Vegan talks
Vegan pop up meals