The Animal Care Giver reports to the Director of Animal Care and Executive Director and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of daily animal care, including:
- Daily cleaning of barns and enclosures, and pastures when needed
- Animal feeding/watering and maintaining animal feed schedules
- Aiding with health checks and maintaining treatment plans
- Assisting on rescues, as needed
- Assisting with veterinary visits and transports
- Maintaining neat and organized work and storage spaces
- Ensuring tools and other items are put away at the end of the day
- Completing sanctuary projects as assigned by Animal Care Director and Executive Director
The ideal candidate is:
- Passionate about our mission and about providing the best possible care for the animal residents of Lancaster Farm Sanctuary!
- Excited to be a big part of our work here!
- Strong hands-on animal care experience either in a relevant environment or with an animal care/veterinary qualification
- Excellent animal observation skills with animal behavior knowledge
- Calm under pressure & able to handle medical emergencies
- Observant and able to notice and communicate subtle changes in animal appearance and behavior
- Excellent communicator (you must be able to communicate with the team and volunteers clearly)
- Organized and attentive
- Positive, upbeat attitude and loads of energy
- Reliable and Consistent
- Honest with high integrity
- Able to understand and precisely follow oral and written directions
- Able to work in a busy and ever-changing environment
- Able to work up to 8 hours outdoors in all weather conditions, including cold/wet weather and hot summers
- Able to carry 50 pounds or more-this is a strenuous physical job at times
- Comfortable dealing politely with the general public
Additionally, the candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to work weekends and holidays. This is an hourly position ranging from $15-$18 an hour depending on experience, 2 weeks of paid time off, and wellness benefits.
To apply please email your cover letter, resume or CV, and with three employment (or related volunteer position such as another sanctuary) references to email@example.com
About Lancaster Farm Sanctuary
Lancaster Farm Sanctuary is a 501(c)(3) non-profit farm animal sanctuary in Lancaster, PA.