Hard-Working Investigators to Expose Animal Abuse
Last Chance for Animals (LCA) is looking for motivated individuals to go undercover and expose animal abuse in the United States. The primary objective of LCA investigators is to identify animal abuse in different facilities and document evidence that will be used to file legal complaints.
- Work with the investigations manager to obtain secondary employment at facilities that could have animal abuse.
- Document conditions of the animals using hidden cameras.
- Write daily field notes about what you observed.
- Upload video footage and field notes daily during an investigation.
- Communicate daily with LCA’s Investigations Manager while on an investigation.
- Conduct research on animal welfare issues as assigned by LCA’s Investigations Manager.
- Cooperate with law enforcement if a case results in legal proceedings.
- At all times, investigators must demonstrate the highest levels of responsibility, reliability, integrity, commitment, intelligence, trustworthiness and courage.
- Comfortability performing investigations under pretext.
- Have reliable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Ability to work long hours performing jobs that involve manual labor.
- Ability to work extensively with animals.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with computers, cameras and recording devices.
- Ability to maintain composure when witnessing animal cruelty.
- Ability to work independently in the field.
- Ability to spend long periods of time away from home.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- A commitment to the values of Last Chance for Animals.
How to apply: If you think you have what it takes to become an LCA undercover investigator, please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Last Chance for Animals
Last Chance for Animals (LCA) is an international, non-profit organization, founded in 1984, dedicated to eliminating animal exploitation through education, investigations, legislation, and media attention. LCA believes that animals are highly sentient creatures who exist for their own reasons independent of their service to humans; they should not be made to suffer for the latter. LCA opposes the use of animals in food and clothing production, scientific experimentation, and entertainment and promotes a cruelty-free lifestyle and the ascription of rights to non-human beings.