Reports to: Executive Chef
- Line Cooks
- Prep Cooks
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily preparation of mise en place by line cooks, commis, and externs.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of walk-in coolers and dry storage spaces according to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and restaurant guidelines.
- Taste daily mise en place for proper seasoning and quality.
- Lead assigned station to ensure proper preparation and plating of dishes.
- Coordinate with dining room and expeditor to ensure timely delivery of courses.
- Work with Chef de Cuisine and Porter team to maintain equipment and facilities according to building and service standards.
- Maintain HACCP documentation and uphold standards.
- Assist in interviewing potential kitchen employees.
- Recruit new team members and facilitate growth through skills training and mentorship.
- Support the Executive Chef in developing new dishes.
- Write and cost recipes for the menu.
- Develop new techniques for dishes as needed.
- 3 years of Sous Chef/Head Chef experience and management experience.
- Advanced and accurate knife skills.
- Ability to read and follow recipes and standards.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of POS systems.
- Ability to teach and mentor others.
- Ability to work independently and multitask.
- Experience with a variety of cooking styles and techniques.
- Ability to adapt and make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy weights.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive salary to be discussed privately.
- Paid time off.
- Discounts for family and friends.
- Rewards for loyalty and productivity.
- Team building activities.
- Attendance at events and conferences.
- Opportunity for career growth within the organization.
- Advanced and basic knife skills.
- Knowledge of food safety.
- Frying, grilling, sautéing, and sous vide techniques.
- Inventory, vendor, and kitchen management.
- Ordering/purchasing and portioning.
- Receiving and prepping ingredients.
- Vegetable cookery and fine dining service.
- Team development and training
- Menu development.
Note: This job description is not exhaustive, and additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
About Linfa - Eat Different
Linfa is a thriving start-up located in the Tortona-Savona district of Milan. Since its establishment in May 2021, the company has become a leader in the industry, known for its exceptional food, beverages, and service. Linfa's commitment to providing high-quality, innovative experiences in the restaurant and hospitality industry has been recognized by numerous local, national, and international sources, including Forbes, Espresso Guide, Visit Italy, Vogue, Vanity Fair, and many others.
The Tortona-Savona district, known for its food, fashion, art, design, and art experiences, is the perfect location for Linfa. The company's exceptional plant-based cuisine, using cutting-edge cooking techniques and sustainable equipment, has garnered a strong following on social media, with customers raving about their experiences.
Linfa's dedication to sustainability is at the heart of its business. The company uses devices to balance and optimize electricity consumption, invests in equipment that saves energy and water and relies solely on renewable energy sources. Additionally, Linfa prioritizes sourcing Italian and local products and using seasonal ingredients.
The company's commitment to excellence extends to the atmosphere of its restaurants, which are built with materials showcasing the excellence of Italian craftsmanship. Linfa's attention to circular economy, recycling, and ecology is evident in every treatment and finish. By creating sustainable food and beverage solutions, Linfa is leading the way towards a healthier and more sustainable future while inspiring cultural change and creating awareness about the impact of food choices on our ecosystem.