Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary is a place of refuge for abused and neglected farmed animals, and we work to inspire a more compassionate lifestyle through education and outreach programs. Since our founding in 2015, we have directly rescued hundreds of farmed animals in need and spared thousands more.
We are seeking an experienced Program Director to lead Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary in making a significant impact for farmed animals through humane education, volunteerism, and outreach programming.
Through a strong business acumen, sound leadership, and proven experience of strategic thinking and implementation of initiatives, the Program Director will lead, manage, and grow the ability of Luvin Arms to reach more people with effective messaging. We are seeking someone who will bring new ideas for program initiatives and can effectively implement those initiatives from start to finish.
A successful Program Director must have a broad knowledge of program management principles, a strategic mindset, and excellent leadership skills to be able to lead and develop their reportees. The Program Director must be passionate about the organization’s missions’ success, growth, and program quality.
### IF APPLYING, PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS IN COVER LETTER: ###
1. Why do you wish to work at Luvin Arms?
2. Please describe how your lifestyle and beliefs are in alignment with Luvin Arms’ mission.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Vision, plan, and execute humane education and outreach programs according to strategic objectives of Luvin Arms
- Develop new program initiatives to further the Sanctuary’s mission
- Plan all programs from conception to execution involving deadlines, milestones, staff and volunteer management
- Oversee and lead the programs team, including programs interns and volunteers
- Directly supervise Education & Outreach Coordinator and Volunteer & Events Coordinator including setting goals, enhancing team performance, fostering professional development, and resolving complex issues
- Recruiting, hiring, and managing additional programs staff as the Sanctuary grows
- Analyze and provide monthly and ad hoc reports for Sanctuary leadership to aid in strategic decision-making
- Develop, present and work within programs budgets
- Keep senior management and board of directors informed with detailed and accurate reports and presentations
- Work with Development Director to provide reports and engage with donors as needed
- Proven experience as a program director or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Event planning experience
- A business acumen with a strategic thinking ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn effective messaging techniques to further the organization’s mission
Required credentials and experience:
- Five years of nonprofit management, programs development and direct people management experience
- Living a lifestyle in alignment with the mission, values, and goals of Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary
- Full depth of understanding of and passion for ending the plight of farmed animals
- Full-time, exempt
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Flexibility to work weekends and be on-call when necessary
About Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary
Founded in 2015, Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing guardianship and refuge for farmed animals in need. We rescue and heal some of the most abused farmed animals and help to share their stories. In addition, through education & outreach programming, we work to inspire our community to include farmed animals in their circle of compassion.