Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary is a place of refuge for abused and neglected farmed animals, and we work to inspire a more compassionate lifestyle through education and outreach programs. Since our founding in 2015, we have directly rescued hundreds of farmed animals in need and spared thousands more.
Luvin Arms is seeking a Volunteer and Events Coordinator to strengthen the volunteer program and lead event planning at the Sanctuary. A core strength of Luvin Arms is its volunteer community and a main focus of this position is to ensure the essence of this program is maintained and further grown to support Sanctuary growth. Luvin Arms also hosts a variety of education, outreach, and fundraising events and this position will work to coordinate those events, including logistics management, volunteer coordination, and soliciting in-kind donations.
### IF APPLYING, PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS IN COVER LETTER: ###
1. Why do you wish to work at Luvin Arms?
2. Please describe how your lifestyle and beliefs are in alignment with Luvin Arms’ mission.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage volunteer programs at Luvin Arms, including but not limited to: orientations, care, facilities, education, youth, corporate/groups, office administration, and volunteer leadership
- Actively recruit, onboard, and steward volunteers through periodic, multi-modal communications such as on-site signage, email newsletters, personal emails, social media posts, etc.
- Work collaboratively with internal team to fill needs as well as train on volunteer culture setting
- Run monthly and ad hoc reports for Sanctuary leadership
- Maintain clean and consistent volunteer database and analyze to find trends and actionable insights
- Organize volunteer community development events including potlucks, socials, appreciation events, etc.
- Manage internship program, including collaborating with internal departments to fill needs and set expectations, recruiting, interviews, check-ins, and exit interviews
- End-to-end planning and execution of all Sanctuary events including education and outreach events such as cooking demos, documentary screenings, panels, dinners, and our annual Springfest and Halloween festivals, and fundraising events such as our annual gala, dinners, etc.
- Manage vendors and vendor relationships leading up to, during, and after events
- Work with the marketing team to develop marketing materials and market events
- Work with the Development team to solicit in-kind donations for events such as items for giveaways, gift bags, raffles, silent and live auctions, etc.
- Work with the Development team to form and lead event planning committees of volunteers and interns to meet event goals
- Excellent and engaging interpersonal skills
- Exceptional event planning skills
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Comfortable and ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
Required credentials and experience:
- Three years of event planning, customer service, and volunteer management experience
- Experience soliciting in-kind donations
- Strong sense of affinity with the mission and goals of Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary
- Full-time, exempt
- Reports to the Programs Director
- Flexibility to work weekends and be on-call when necessary
Job Type: Full-time
About Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary
Founded in 2015, Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization providing guardianship and refuge for farmed animals in need. We rescue and heal some of the most abused farmed animals and help to share their stories. In addition, through education & outreach programming, we work to inspire our community to include farmed animals in their circle of compassion.