Chef – vegan Restaurant, London
Manna London, a renowned vegan establishment, has an exciting opportunity for a (vegan/plant-based) Chef or Pastry Chef (with relevant experience) to join their restaurant in Primrose Hill, North London.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working candidate who shares a passion for healthy, wholesome, and nourishing cuisine with the ability to deliver creative plant-based dishes and modern food presentations.
Manna is a circa 60-cover licensed restaurant also operating a small vegan bar and separately a Deli for online and day-time service with freshly made vegan pastries.
Job Role: Chef – Vegan Restaurant & Catering
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000 /year dependent on experience plus Bonuses
Sponsorship: If you do not have the right to remain or work in the UK, we would consider sponsorship for the right candidate.
Role Responsibility & Duties
Approach – You will naturally set a professional example to everyone, emphasising sustaining quality, efficiency, and consistency.
· Work with senior management to develop menus and enhance our classic dishes
· Work across various sections of the kitchen
· Be able to operate well in a small team
· Have great attention to detail
· Controlling and directing the food preparation process and kitchen hygiene
· Train team members to the highest standard, particularly in:
· Preparation and plating of all food items
· Knowledge of menu and allergens
· Full understanding of all ingredients used
· Food hygiene standards
· Health & safety
· Minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar role or at least one-year plant-based experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience with fast-paced service in restaurants/hotels
· Excellent command of the English language and writing abilities
· Ability to work under pressure
· Organisational flair
· Capabilities with computer and ePOS systems
· Ability to join our London-based establishment as soon as possible
If you are ready to take up a new and challenging post, working with the owners to continually enhance vegan dining, please email your CV and detail your plant-based exposure or experience.
Manna London prides itself as one of London’s leading VEGAN, PLANT, and ORGANIC-based restaurants offering a comfortable and relaxed dining experience.
Our entire menu and drinks offerings are Vegan-friendly, and we aim to cater to all allergies and dietary concerns with a delightful menu to match. Our range of cocktails and mocktails, protein and health drinks (including our non-alcoholic range) simply add to the total vegan experience we are offering our customers for lunch bites or evening dining.
From an environmental viewpoint, we seek out sustainable products and test our carbon footprint at every juncture. Supplies are locally or UK-sourced wherever possible and our entire food offering is freshly cooked and primarily Manna-made.
Food is never wasted – we have close relationships with animal rescue and welfare organisations to which Manna donates its left-over food and a percentage of its sales. We also pride ourselves in actively supporting animal Charities that attend to the well-being and recovery of abused or abandoned animals. Please refer to our ‘Animal Donation’ page for further details.
About Manna London
Manna offers a home-style cooking plant-based dining experience, with a seasonally changing menu, local (low-mileage) produce, and all items are made fresh at the premises; we also operate an online delicatessen for high quality sweet and savoury vegan delights!
We operate a 100% vegan kitchen and a percentage of our profits is donated to various animal charities.
A creative, fun, and exciting place to work allowing you to the opportunity to learn and explore all types of plant-based foods, dishes, and pastry baking.