CHEF POSITION (PLANTBASED CUISINE)Job Title: Kitchen manager/Chef for Double Zero a plant base Pizza/Italian restaurant
Annual Salary: Based on Experience
Chef Job Purpose
Oversees kitchen by managing other members of the food preparation team, executing the dishes to serve and adjusting orders to meet guests’ requests. Must have 3 years experience in plant based cooking or similar and have the interest and knowledge in Plantbased cuisine. Must assist in prep work, such as chopping vegetables, but more often will be involved in preparing and plating dishes. Chooses ingredients and partially designs a menu based on the seasonal availability of food items. Maintains consistency of our unique dishes that inspire guests to come back again and again to indulge in the restaurant offerings.
Chef Job Duties
- Prepares guest’s orders according to their preferences off the menu.
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same.
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces.
- Ensures all ordering is done within a timely fashion with all the purveyors used.
- Consistently maintain freshness of food and ingredients. (meaning creating opening and closing checklists to ensure that this is followed through)
- Experiments to come up with new seasonal raw dishes that will draw diners into the restaurant (with approval of the MK Test Kitchen).
- Coaches and trains members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best.
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate inventory at the restaurant.
- Performs a monthly inventory of the kitchen products and reports a food costing schedule of all the dishes.
- Keep up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to give evolving suggestions to ensure that guests have a positive experience.
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as lunches, weekends and evenings and ensures all staff is doing the same.
- Takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy. “Do what it takes” attitude.
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant’s administrative and FOH team to allow for social content of the preparation and complete dishes.
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook (3years Plant Based or vegetable forward cuisine)
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g .blenders, steam ovens, induction, dehydration)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, cooking techniques
- Leadership skills and physical stamina
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Attention to detail
- Need to maintain their composure and poise during the busiest of rushes no matter what obstacles might be in the way. They also need to help the rest of the kitchen staff navigate problems or busy periods of time.
- Manual dexterity: Knife skills are an important part of this job especially in raw cuisine and need to be able to do so quickly, accurately, and consistently.
About Matthew Kenney Cusine
Join the Matthew Kenney Cuisine. A little about us:
Crafting the Future of Food
Through a shared commitment to excellence, we are dedicated to an uncompromising quality of cutting-edge cuisine, exceptional service to our guests and team members, and the creation of an inviting, healthy and caring environment for all.
OUR TEAM MEMBERS:
Connected to our mission ( Plant based, All Vegan, Crafting the Future of Food)
Hospitality and growth mindset
Passion to serve
Committed to training and development
Necessary skill and experience
Ability to relentlessly execute operating standards