We currently seek a global campaign specialist to join our global corporate engagement team. In this role, you will plan and execute sustained-pressure campaigns against major food companies to persuade them to adopt animal welfare policies across their food supply chains around the world and mobilize a growing global network of digital supporters to amplify campaigns.
You will do invaluable work:
- Work with the global corporate engagement team to optimize campaign strategies to secure and enforce corporate farmed animal welfare policies at the global level
- Research key details of major global corporations to guide campaign strategy
- Brainstorm and execute creative campaign tactics to prompt food companies to take action for animals
- Work closely with campaigners and other staff in Mercy For Animals’ regional offices to coordinate support for global projects, such as the creation of campaign resources, including videos, websites, advertisements, and public relations materials
- Build and mobilize our global network of digital supporters to take campaign actions in partnership with our digital marketing team
- Strengthen relationships with partner organizations around the world to maximize the impact of global corporate campaigns
- Develop and maintain accurate, compelling, and consistent corporate campaign materials
- Represent Mercy For Animals during on-the-ground actions, such as demonstrations
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties as assigned
Your qualifications will take our global corporate engagement team to the next level:
- Minimum of one year’s professional experience in campaigning, issue advocacy, project management, or a related area
- Strong organizational, time-management, research, and project-management skills
- High level of creativity
- Self-motivation, perseverance, and goal-orientation
- Culturally sensitivity, global mindedness, and ability to collaborate
- Excellent interpersonal and written and spoken communication skills
- Comfort with confrontation and public advocacy
- Willingness and ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, about two to three times per year
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Fluency in German and English (proficiency in other languages a plus)
- Commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Commitment and openness to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
About Your Team Leader
Chris Liptrot (they/them) is the global vice president of corporate engagement at Mercy For Animals. Chris has been working in animal protection for over a decade and specializes in corporate negotiations, pressure campaigns, and international team management. Excited about working with and coaching passionate, creative, and determined animal advocates to excel in their roles, Chris favors a management style that gives a lot of autonomy to team members while offering guidance along the way. Chris strongly believes in setting clear objectives and relentlessly pursuing them while leaving plenty of space for creativity, making mistakes, learning, and maintaining a healthy work-life balance. Chris resides in Philadelphia but loves to travel and experience different cultures.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of €44,000. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3% of your annual earnings.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.
About Mercy for Animals
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We offer employees ample time off, flexible schedules, telecommuting opportunities, and generous benefits. Self-care, mindfulness, and work-life balance are essential to building a sustainable movement for animals. Our offices are also dog-friendly and vegan.