As director of annual giving, you will create and manage a comprehensive, year-round fundraising plan for annual giving that will increase, diversify, and engage our donor base in support of Mercy For Animals’ strategic plan.
You will help build and mentor a successful annual-giving team and partner with the senior vice president of development to devise and implement a comprehensive annual-giving plan to meet strategic objectives and financial goals.
You will do vital work:
- Direct the entire annual-giving and donor-relations program in the Development Department
- Coordinate communications and set strategy between our external direct-marketing provider and relevant Mercy For Animals staff to effectively and efficiently implement digital and direct-mail campaigns
- Supervise and mentor development coordinators and specialists, directing their efforts and leveraging their unique skills to generate revenue and maximize efficiency for the department
- Manage and develop the sustained-giving program for maximum growth and retention
- Develop and implement strategies to promote donor growth and engagement in all areas of the annual campaign
- Research and propose new processes or systems to best utilize Mercy For Animals’ resources to support annual giving
- Collaborate with the senior vice president of development to define, track, and meet the monetary, participatory, and qualitative goals for the program
- Generate weekly and monthly reports on direct-marketing metrics and revenue
Your qualifications will bring our team to new heights:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising or a closely related field
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, public relations, communications, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and efficiency
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work well independently and under pressure
- Supportive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet competing deadlines
- Experience with Salesforce or donor databases (preferred)
Is this the right fit? Absolutely, if this sounds like you:
I’m a positive and proactive leader with an innate ability to inspire and motivate others. A strong communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills, I enjoy collaborating and interacting with people from all backgrounds. I thrive under pressure and deadlines, and I know how to effectively manage time and resources. I’m vegan and fiercely passionate about animal welfare.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of $60,000–$70,000, depending on qualifications. Our paid time-off policy, including 20 vacation days a year, staff-appreciation days, holidays, and sick leave, is as generous as our no- or low-cost health insurance. We also offer a 401(k) plan, not to mention a collaborative and innovative work environment.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications, so be sure to clearly convey in your cover letter your general fit for the role. A few things we would love to learn about are professional experience, internships, volunteer work, and side projects, as well as your overall alignment with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization, and we value diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability are encouraged to apply. We are committed to providing an inclusive, positive, respectful, safe, and supportive work environment where equal opportunities are available to all team members.
About Mercy for Animals
At Mercy for Animals, we believe each of us deserves to bring our whole self to a safe environment where we can do our best work. At MFA, we foster an inclusive workplace where we lift one another up. Surveys and a staff-led culture committee elevate our staff’s voices.
Our staff is our most valuable asset. Continual learning is part of everything we do. Employees have access to a resource library with thousands of training videos. MFA also offers excellent opportunities for advancement.
We provide strong protections for our staff, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, age, or race. We extend these policies to interactions with donors, volunteers, interns, and contractors. We also celebrate LGBTQ pride, support women's rights, and encourage diversity.
We offer employees ample time off, flexible schedules, telecommuting opportunities, and generous benefits. Self-care, mindfulness, and work-life balance are essential to building a sustainable movement for animals. Our offices are also dog-friendly and vegan.