We currently seek a digital marketing intern to join our public engagement team. This remote position (must be located in the United States) is part time (20 hours/week) Monday through Friday, with a commitment term of six months (June or July to December or January).
- As a Mercy For Animals digital marketing intern, you will gain hands-on experience in public engagement and general insight into the animal protection movement. The internship will equip you with knowledge and skills in SEO, SEM, various Google Suite applications (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Google Ads, and Google Optimize), keyword research, social platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), and website best practices.
Activities and Tasks (in order of importance)
- Assist stakeholders in making actionable decisions by helping gather data from several departments and across multiple platforms and consolidating it into one dashboard
- Help build robust reports that will play an integral role in analyzing data and determining the best course of action for upcoming strategies, campaigns, and projects
- Work with data across the organization to improve the lives of farmed animals worldwide
- Become familiar with and refine skills in using various digital marketing tools and platforms, exploring best practices and testing concepts and strategies in a data-driven nonprofit
- Collaborate with a flexible, supportive team in a diverse organization that spans multiple continents
- Support initiatives to change the food system and create a more compassionate world for all
- One to two years’ experience in digital marketing or relevant coursework (preferred)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn digital marketing best practices, data-based decision-making, online report creation, and Google Suite and other organizational tools
- Excellent organizational, research, and time-management skills
- Adherence to professional ethics
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice
- Strong commitment to farmed animal protection
Earn an hourly salary of $20/hr.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.
About Mercy for Animals
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We offer employees ample time off, flexible schedules, telecommuting opportunities, and generous benefits. Self-care, mindfulness, and work-life balance are essential to building a sustainable movement for animals. Our offices are also dog-friendly and vegan.