We currently seek a fundraising operations specialist to join our development team.
In this role, you will provide oversight, reconciliation, and management of development records and donation data in Salesforce, including list development, reporting, dashboard creation, and data-integrity projects, exhibiting strong attention to detail and data-manipulation skills. You will support the fundraising operations director and play a key role in development by streamlining our internal processes to maximize the department’s time and resources toward reaching fundraising goals.
You will do invaluable work:
- Contribute to meeting the annual fundraising goal through gift-entry auditing, donor acknowledgments, Salesforce data-hygiene projects, and reporting for the development team
- Support the fundraising operations director in development-focused Salesforce projects, donor segmentation, data requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve any data irregularities in Salesforce or other donor databases, with a focus on data accuracy
- Work with the fundraising operations director to develop new proactive strategies for routine auditing of supporter and donation data in Salesforce, lead processes, and recognize patterns for correction
- Mentor and coach the gifts and data coordinator in best practices, analytics, and reporting
- Direct gift entry and acknowledgments
- Work with the fundraising operations director to streamline existing gift-entry and acknowledgment processes
- Perform routine auditing of the gifts and data coordinator’s work
- In collaboration with the gifts and data team and Salesforce team, assist with the strategic implementation of Salesforce and fundraising-operations best practices
- Create Salesforce training plans for new development team members and assist with training execution
- Assist with Salesforce dashboard creation and data analysis and produce lists and reports for physical mail and digital development projects as requested by the development and digital marketing teams
- Help create, update, and improve Salesforce documentation and gift-entry documentation for added efficiency and accuracy
- Work with development team members to create and manage fundraising processes, such as grant management or foundation-related moves management
- Assist with supporter inquiries, from donation assistance to annual tax receipts
- Support duplicate management in Salesforce
- Partner with the development and finance teams on the month-, quarter-, and year-end reconciliation processes
- Support year-end close, the annual external audit, and other finance inquiries
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties assigned
Your qualifications will take our development team to the next level:
- Minimum of three years’ demonstrated experience using processes and systems for strategy in reporting and development for nonprofit organizations
- Two or more years’ demonstrated experience creating Salesforce reports and dashboards
- Salesforce NPSP experience (plus)
- Salesforce certification (plus)
- Experience with moves management and database architecture (plus)
- Strong organizational and investigative skills, with a keen eye for detail and a passion for numbers
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid technical aptitude and data manipulation skills, including proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets
- Enjoyment of data hygiene, process improvement, and designing SOPs
- Ability to work creatively and effectively as a team member with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Friendly, positive, and service-oriented personality
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Dedication to the mission and values of Mercy For Animals
- Commitment to continued personal and organizational growth in diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice principles
About Your Team Leader
Your team leader, Kate, our director of fundraising operations, joined Mercy For Animals in February 2021 after holding various technical and leadership positions in the aerospace sector for 11 years. She believes that a strong fundraising-operations strategy and its effective implementation are vital for mission-driven organizations to maximize their impact. As a former engineer, Kate is process-driven, a problem solver, and detail-oriented, always looking for opportunities to improve core operations. She values personal development and strives for a healthy work-life balance. Kate encourages open communication, a growth mindset, and autonomy. Outside Mercy For Animals, she enjoys road tripping, the occasional spin class, hanging with her two sassy pups, and relaxing with country music.
Compensation and Benefits
Earn an annual salary of around $65,000–$70,000 (paid hourly), depending on qualifications. In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, you will be able to take part in our benefits package, including no- or low-cost health, vision, and dental insurance; generous paid time off and sick leave; and 401(k) retirement plan, with a dollar-to-dollar employer match of up to 3 percent of your annual earnings.
Professional growth opportunities are also available, such as leading special development projects through collaboration with the Salesforce administrator.
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each application, resume, and cover letter. Feel encouraged to go outside a traditional cover letter and state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
Our Commitment to You
Mercy For Animals is a globally minded organization. We are committed to the principles of equity and justice, and our culture celebrates authenticity—enabling every team member to shine. All employment decisions are based solely on individual qualifications, job needs, and job requirements, and potential team members of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, veteran status, and ability are encouraged to apply. We strive to include candidates from historically marginalized communities and those from or in communities impacted by environmental, social, and economic injustice.
Come as you are, and help us transform our society and construct a truly compassionate food system.
About Mercy for Animals
Mercy For Animals aims to end industrial animal agriculture by constructing a just and sustainable food system. We envision a world where animals are respected, protected, and free.
As a leading farmed animal advocacy organization, we know that achieving this goal requires a diverse, inclusive, and collaborative work environment—one that welcomes and sparks new perspectives and innovative ideas. If you are passionate about our mission, driven to make a big impact for animals, and eager to be part of a dedicated team, join us!
We offer employees ample time off, flexible schedules, telecommuting opportunities, and generous benefits. Self-care, mindfulness, and work-life balance are essential to building a sustainable movement for animals. Our offices are also dog-friendly and vegan.