Animal Equality UK has partnered with dedicated search and selection specialists MGSS Associates to seek out and recruit the right individuals for several critical roles, each vital to the success of their core mission.
Could you lead on the delivery of Animal Equality’s life-saving UK campaigns on behalf of farmed animals? Would you enjoy building and managing relationships with key media and policy-maker contacts? And could you be key a public face of Animal Equality UK? If so, read on to find out more…
Requiring a creative, agile and proactive individual with a problem-solving approach, the Campaigns Officer will be responsible for delivering Animal Equality’s life-saving campaigns on behalf of farmed animals.
Working as part of a highly effective team, within a fast-paced environment, you will coordinate our dedicated network of digital volunteers, cultivate relationships with decision-makers and members of the public, and coordinate imaginative and effective campaigns until Animal Equality’s mission becomes a reality: a world in which animals are respected and protected.
- Executing Animal Equality’s UK campaigns on a daily basis
- Proposing novel and creative campaign actions
- Stakeholder management, managing and reinforcing ongoing partnerships while forging new meaningful relationships with politicians, celebrities, academics, members of the public, and representatives within fellow animal protection organisations
- Building collaborations, coalitions and alliances that strengthen our work and that enable our campaign objectives to be met
- Maintaining our key contacts database
- Building and strengthening our digital volunteer network
- Producing training materials, updates and other necessary resources that inform and mobilise our supporters.
- Undertaking desk-based research, analysing and synthesising the latest research in relation to the animal agriculture industry, animal protection legislation and campaigning developments
- Generating media attention, thinking creatively and coming up with new campaign solutions
- Minimum of one year’s related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proﬁciency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs and in the use of databases and spreadsheets. (Experience of using Salesforce would also be an advantage.)
- Thorough knowledge of farmed animal issues
- Highly professional manner
- Sincere commitment to the mission, values and objectives of Animal Equality, including fully subscribing to the philosophical belief that animals should not be treated as resources for human consumption (this is a genuine occupational requirement, as defined by the Equalities Act 2010). [Please note that food or drink purchased for work events must be vegan, with reimbursement from the charity only provided for vegan products.]
Please note that the successful candidate must be resident in Great Britain and have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Animal Equality UK cannot sponsor visa applications and thus individuals who cannot demonstrate their eligibility to work in the United Kingdom at the time of their application will not be considered.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Animal Equality is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualiﬁed persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age. We are especially keen to encourage applications from: individuals who are Black and / or of the global majority; people with disabilities; and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. We are also proud to be a Disability Conﬁdent Employer and we will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable adjustments that individuals may require throughout the application process.
Animal Equality is a registered charity (England and Wales), no. 1168309.
About MGSS Associates on behalf of Animal Equality UK
MGSS Associates are specialists in the search for and successful recruitment of the highest calibre individuals to business-critical roles with our client firms, ones which literally have the potential to make or break their corporate strategy.
We operate across all geographies within three broad domains:
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, including Management Consulting & Corporate Strategy Advisory, Executive Search & Recruitment Consultancy, Project Delivery & Outsourcing, Information Services & IT Consultancy, Accounting & Financial Advisory, and Law & Legal Services.
BANKING & FINANCE, including Capital Markets & Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management & Private Banking, Private Equity, Digital Finance & FinTech, Credit Ratings, and Cards & Payments.
NGOs & SOCIAL ENTERPRISE, including UK and international charities, social activism and purpose-led organisations, membership associations, and third sector public service providers.
Across these sectors, all the positions with which MGSS Associates are engaged to assist have one thing in common – they are all BUSINESS-CRITICAL.
Whether it be in a senior leadership position responsible for steering the ship, a crucial revenue generating role whose level of success determines a wider corporate strategy, or an essential project delivery role with the reputation of the client firm hanging on its successful execution; all the roles with which we assist make a measurable difference to the success (or, if not done correctly, failure) of our clients' corporate strategy.
MGSS Associates are thus experts at locating and securing the outstanding individuals necessary for the success of our clients.