Animal Equality UK has partnered with dedicated search and selection specialists MGSS Associates to seek out and recruit the right individuals for several critical roles, each vital to the success of their core mission.
Do you have a natural flair for storytelling with a purpose? Can you communicate the plight of farmed animals in an emotive and highly impactful way? Could you use direct marketing techniques to drive engagement with our supporters and donor network to fundraise for Animal Equality UK.? If so, read on to find out more…
A seeker of new content, Animal Equality UK’s Copywriting Coordinator will both enjoy and have a natural ﬂair for storytelling with a purpose. You will also be experienced in direct response marketing.
The Copywriting Coordinator will develop print and digital content to engage and inspire supporters, exposing the harsh reality of animal farming and encouraging members of the public to join us in our mission to create a world in which animals are respected and protected.
Taking a creative, strategic, analytical and organised approach, you will play a key role in enabling growth across our UK organisation, helping to build our subscriber base and writing powerful appeals to allow us to meet our ambitious fundraising goals
- Being a brand champion, embodying Animal Equality’s tone of voice
- Creating accurate and engaging content for Animal Equality’s donors and potential supporters
- Telling the stories of farmed animals through creative, compelling copywriting.
- Facilitating and disseminating print and digital copy, producing regular copy for Animal Equality’s newsletter subscribers and petition signatories. You will build written content for print mailouts, web pages, campaign pages, magazines, blogs, and newsletters, ensuring that it is delivered on time and within budget.
- Supporting Animal Equality’s ambitious fundraising goals, delivering copy to showcase our global activities and impact for animals, ensuring high-quality output across all channels that share the experiences of animals conﬁned in farms and slaughterhouses in the UK and around the world – encouraging supporters to give a gift to sustain our work, enabling us to grow our income and help a greater number of animals.
- Building relationships with supporters, liaising directly with supporters via focus groups, email and telephone conversations – using learnings from these discussions to tailor content accordingly.
- Building content on email and web, enhancing users’ email and website experience, uploading content into new and existing templates, using WordPress, Grav and Pardot platforms and scheduling automated content.
- Providing topical content, keeping up-to-date with developing marketing trends and organisationally relevant news-stories. With the mindset of an investigative journalist, you will have your ﬁnger on the pulse, being aware of emerging news stories in the animal protection space, reacting and linking to Animal Equality’s ongoing campaigns as appropriate.
- Assessing and reporting on audience responses, taking a data-driven approach by regularly tracking and analysing the impact of your copy, ﬁne-tuning and improving wherever possible.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience in direct response marketing
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Experience of Pardot, Grav and / or WordPress would be an advantage
- Comfortable with Excel or similar
- Ability to maintain conﬁdentiality
- Thorough knowledge of farmed animal issues
- Highly professional manner
- Commitment to the objectives of the organisation
- Sincere commitment to the mission, values and objectives of Animal Equality, including fully subscribing to the philosophical belief that animals should not be treated as resources for human consumption (this is a genuine occupational requirement, as defined by the Equalities Act 2010). [Please note that food or drink purchased for work events must be vegan, with reimbursement from the charity only provided for vegan products.]
Please note that the successful candidate must be resident in Great Britain and have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Animal Equality UK cannot sponsor visa applications and thus individuals who cannot demonstrate their eligibility to work in the United Kingdom at the time of their application will not be considered.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Animal Equality is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualiﬁed persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age. We are especially keen to encourage applications from: individuals who are Black and / or of the global majority; people with disabilities; and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people. We are also proud to be a Disability Conﬁdent Employer and we will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable adjustments that individuals may require throughout the application process.
Animal Equality is a registered charity (England and Wales), no. 1168309.
About MGSS Associates on behalf of Animal Equality UK
MGSS Associates are specialists in the search for and successful recruitment of the highest calibre individuals to business-critical roles with our client firms, ones which literally have the potential to make or break their corporate strategy.
We operate across all geographies within three broad domains:
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, including Management Consulting & Corporate Strategy Advisory, Executive Search & Recruitment Consultancy, Project Delivery & Outsourcing, Information Services & IT Consultancy, Accounting & Financial Advisory, and Law & Legal Services.
BANKING & FINANCE, including Capital Markets & Investment Banking, Asset Management, Wealth Management & Private Banking, Private Equity, Digital Finance & FinTech, Credit Ratings, and Cards & Payments.
NGOs & SOCIAL ENTERPRISE, including UK and international charities, social activism and purpose-led organisations, membership associations, and third sector public service providers.
Across these sectors, all the positions with which MGSS Associates are engaged to assist have one thing in common – they are all BUSINESS-CRITICAL.
Whether it be in a senior leadership position responsible for steering the ship, a crucial revenue generating role whose level of success determines a wider corporate strategy, or an essential project delivery role with the reputation of the client firm hanging on its successful execution; all the roles with which we assist make a measurable difference to the success (or, if not done correctly, failure) of our clients' corporate strategy.
MGSS Associates are thus experts at locating and securing the outstanding individuals necessary for the success of our clients.