An opportunity to work in one of the most innovative food companies today! As one of the fastest growing dairy alternative companies in the country, we are frequently featured in the media as being a leader in the plant-based protein space. We will be moving from our current location in Fairfax to a new manufacturing plant in Petaluma.
At our vegan-friendly work environment, we hum with excitement to make and deliver scrumptious alternative dairy products, and more recently, have added vegan butter to our product line. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing movement towards sustainable food production and to help make an impact on the future of food.
We’re seeking individuals interested in making vegan cheese and butter, and assisting in the production of our innovative products. Excellent growth opportunities for those looking to enhance their experience in the food industry. Individuals will learn:
- how to use traditional dairy cultures to transform plant milks into cheese,
- about unique plant-based ingredients and their functionality
- learn the key points to making excellent products (including mixing, cooking, forming, brining and coating).
- Get to expand their culinary knowledge
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Set-up, operate and tend to equipment that mixes, blends and mills ingredients in the manufacturing of vegan cheese, according to formulas and recipes.
- Follow recipes to produce products of specified flavor, texture, color; ensure superior product quality. Procedures include preparing raw ingredients for cooking, and filling prepared ingredients into molds for aging, unwrapping aged products and preparing products for final packaging.
- Follow procedures related to the aging and storage of products.
- Follow procedures related to packaging finished products.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Work in multiple roles throughout the production center, or have the ability to learn the different functions within the production center.
- Must be at least 18 years old. Punctual, reliable and consistent in attendance. This is critical!
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, with basic math skills. Able to speak, read and understand instructions and recipes that are in the English language.
- Kitchen/bakery, and food preparation experience highly desirable. Familiarity with plant-based cuisine or food a plus.
- Valid food handler’s certificate preferred or be able to obtain one within a week of hire.
- Able to work flexible hours, weekends, overtime as needed.
- High attention to details; able to work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively and able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to push, pull, squat, bend and reach above and below shoulders. Repetitive use of hands.
- Able to withstand working in a noisy environment (safety gear provided)
- Exposure to temperatures that range from freezing to sub-freezing (coolers, freezers etc).
Hourly range: $13.50 to $15/hour (DOE).
We offer benefits (including free vegan meals), paid sick leave, professional growth opportunities, and a positive, entrepreneurial culture.
Currently accepting applications. Please submit a current resume and brief cover letter to jobs@ miyokoskitchen.com