Plant-Based Executive Chef
We are looking for a passionate Chef to lead our new plant-based restaurant opening in Tequesta, Florida (Palm Beach County). While our candidate does not have to be 100% plant-based themselves, a passion for this growing demand and market will be important. Are you ready for a change? Do you have a passion for outstanding food service and strong leadership abilities? Our company is searching for an experienced and hard-working Executive Chef to lead our culinary team to service excellence. Our goal is to create and maintain a sustainable menu which would delight the senses of our guests while keeping health in mind, and to also create a menu which supports healthy living and sustainability for the community and the planet.
Title of Position: Executive Chef
Job Description: The Executive Chef you will be responsible for recipe testing and menu creation. Being a new restaurant, the Chef will be responsible for setting up the kitchen and all back of the house operations. Selecting, hiring and training the culinary staff will also be expected of the Executive Chef. Leading by example and maintaining an open line of communication will assist the Executive Chef in setting high standards for the culinary personnel. An immaculate and well-organized kitchen, as well as a positive and professional atmosphere, must be maintained at all times. The Executive Chef will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as state health and safety regulations. The Executive Chef will also take responsibility for scheduling the kitchen staff as well as maintaining labor goals for the back of the house. Product ordering and food inventory will also be a function of the Executive Chef. The Executive Chef will work closely with the General Manager to enhance knowledge of P&L and budgeting.
- Minimum of 2-3 years current experience as an Executive Chef, Chef, or work within culinary space.
- Passion for vegan plant-based food
- Certificate or degree in Culinary Arts preferred
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler Certifications required
- High volume background in a full service or upscale casual restaurant
- Prior Vegan/Vegetarian Executive Chef experience preferred
- Possess a passion for culinary excellence with incredible skill to create exciting new dishes
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed
- Outstanding work ethic and drive to succeed
- Must be highly innovative, curious and have a passion to create
- Must be hands-on with hiring, training, and managing hourly employees
- Ability to maintain high levels of food quality, consistency, and hygiene
- Executive Chef candidates must be proficient with financials (P&L’s, inventory, food/labor cost, etc.)
- Experience with opening restaurants a huge plus
Please apply with a detailed resume, cover letter, and references.
Full service plant-based restaurants with approx 60-65 seats.