OMNOM is vibrant vegetarian/vegan well-being hub; our space includes a restaurant and wellness space spanning across 4,000 sq ft. Join an exciting new team, in one of London’s best vegan/vegetarian restaurants, to serve wholesome, soulful food in the heart of Islington’s multi-million pound development, Islington Square.
Salary range of £30,000-£40,000 (+overtime & benefits), based on a 40-45 hour working week.
We are looking for a professional Head Chef to join our kitchen, and help with the development of our new menu as well as create and launch seasonal menus. The successful candidate will employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
The job role and requirements include, but are not limited to:
– General running of the kitchen.
– Managing the kitchen staff, including setting the rota, and handling disciplinary and HR issues where needed
– Leading a team of chefs in cooking and preparing meals, including checking food quality and overseeing cooking techniques.
– Taking responsibility for more technical elements of cuisine.
– Recruiting, training junior chefs and onboarding new employees.
– Designing and creating seasonal food menus.
– Working within specified budgets.
– Ensuring the kitchen meets high standards of quality.
– Completing food hygiene documents to comply with the law and writing environmental health reports when necessary.
– Establishing strong relationships with staff in other areas of the business, including managers and front of house teams.
– Being the voice of the kitchen when communicating with waiters and bar staff.
– Ordering supplies and negotiating with suppliers.
– Managing inventory and keeping control of stock.
– Organising produce and ensuring strict adherence to food hygiene regulations.
– Supervising all food preparation
We are looking for a passionate and creative head chef who aligns with the OMNOM ethos. We look forward to speaking to you soon.
New vegan restaurant and well-being space based in Islington, London.