WHO WE SEEK:
Our Beginning has an opening for an Associate School Director (ASD). This person will be a highly motivated, team oriented, and organized professional with Reggio Emilia experience eager to work with the School Director in supporting a workforce of approximately 50 educators and upward to 200 children enrolled at the school.
The Associate School Director is one who assists with leading the school on a day-to-day basis and must lead first, with love, kindness, joy for children, compassion, generosity, grace, and forgiveness. Having a mindset that leans into learning and reflection for one’s self and with a commitment toward helping and elevating those around you to succeed.
The essential functions include: We are searching for a person who leads with a blend of compassion and experience. Someone who is a life-long learner who can reflect, pivot and inspire those around them,
Philosophy: Uphold Our Beginning’s philosophies and principles of Reggio Emilia and the Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE). With the School Director, ensures that the school’s curriculum philosophies are implemented throughout the classroom interactions, attitudes, and activities by faculty.
Systems: Collaborate on written education systems that reflect the Reggio Emilia philosophy and RIE. Support educators in their ability to teach in a manner that supports parents dreams for their children, and support child outcomes.
Academic Standards: Assist with designing, setting, implementing, and evaluating academic instruction and outcomes for students
In collaboration with the Founder, School Director and other leadership members ensures that Our Beginning’s purpose, values, and vision come to fruition each and every day.
Supervision: Oversee and direct the work of the Pedagogista, Atelierista, Mentor Educators, Co-educators and Flex-educators. Manage and support all groups of educators ensuring they have the tools, resources, and professional development to lead their classrooms.
Pedagogy of Relationships: “Reinforce each child’s sense of identify through a recognition that comes from peers and adults, so much so that each child feel’s a sense of belong and self-confidence to participate in the activities of the school”. (Malaguzzi in Edwards)
Classroom Management: Manage and ensure education curriculum, branding and learning are being utilized. Manage classroom schedules and staff to run efficiently for all positions within the school. Assist educators in creating unique, engaging, and quality classroom experiences; leadership in coaching and developing teachers to be passionate and committed professionals who are child-focused and strong educational leaders. Ensure classrooms are arranged that support the values and education framework systems of the school.
Educator Hiring, Training and Retention – With the School Director, engage with and support responsibility in the areas of 1) interviewing, hiring, and training employees, 2) monitoring and appraising performance of educators, 3) rewarding and disciplining employees, and 4) addressing complaints and resolving problems. With School Director, educate and communicate company policies and procedures to newly hired and current employees; responsible for on-boarding newly hired employees to include new hire orientation, employee handbook overview, employment documents, and benefit enrollment.
Educator Evaluation: Work with teachers and leadership to research, design, and implement a relevant teacher evaluation system.
Professional Development: Lead in creating college level professional development trainings and professional development for educators including but is not limited to deepening their knowledge in the principles of the Reggio Emilia philosophy, documentation, classroom management, assessments, individualization, the third teacher, and research.
Inventory and Ordering Supplies: Work with the School Director in ordering supplies for the classrooms and Atelier. Ensuring those supplies/materials ordered meet the safe and educational standards of Our Beginning. Work alongside the School Director to keep an active and up to date inventory of the care and location of supplies/materials.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree (preferred) in early childhood education, child development or a closely related field
- Have a minimum of seven years of supervisory and classroom experience in a Reggio Emilia inspired school
- Knowledge and experience of Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE)
- Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend, kneel, squat, stoop and reach as is needed in a typical early learning program.
Spiritual, Lifestyle and Skill Requirements:
- Belief and faith in God and His Son, Yeshua/Jesus Christ
- Lives a whole food plant-based/vegan/vegetarian lifestyle
- Able to lead while having the internal and external qualities of love toward others, integrity, forgiveness, kindness, generosity and patience.
- Servant leadership and servant hearted
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to compile, research, and analyze information. Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Amazing Compensation and Benefits!
For full time employees, benefits include: 100% paid medical, vision and dental benefits; paid holidays, paid summer and winter breaks, a PTO plan, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program and professional development opportunities. We also offer a 401K program. Salary: commensurate with experience and education.
Our Beginning offers the following Perks:
● A school that celebrates childhood as a priority
● A school devoted to healthy living and organic meals
● A school that values parent and faculty voices and engagement
● A school that values the diversity of culture
● Teacher led educational model
● Collaborative team meetings and daily planning times
● A school committed to deepening its practice in the Reggio Emilia philosophy and Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE)
● Training and Professional Development opportunities
● Beautiful school environment
● Deep curricular resources
● Annual calendar that supports a work/life balance
● Close to major public transportation routes
If interested please send (1) resume (2) cover letter and (3) salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open until filled.
About Our Beginning
Our Beginning is an eco-friendly, Reggio Emilia inspired young children's school. To us, being Reggio Emilia inspired means believing each child who comes through the door is capable and competent, and respecting them as such. We believe in the importance of children leading their own learning, and educators partnering with children to build connected networks of knowledge and understanding. We serve children ages 6 weeks - 6 years of age. Our Beginning's is a strong believer in serving whole plant-based foods to young children.
We are located in Seattle, WA in the Fremont neighborhood.