Our Planet. Theirs Too., Inc. – the non-profit behind the worldwide National Animal Rights Day (NARD) events (last year in more than 150 cities across the globe) – seeks a NARD Regional Coordinator from the global animal rights movement, to manage our NARD events and operations in various regions of the world.
In our work – as exemplified by our NARD events – we use unconventional means to raise the public’s awareness for humanity’s unconscionable treatment of animals, on an emotional rather than intellectual level. We reach people at their heart, and appeal to their innate sense of care and love for animals (and for the innocent in general), in order to make them want to change their lifestyle to a non-cruelty, non-animal based one. We also give great importance to ritually honoring, and commemorating, the victims – the billions of animals who lose their lives by human hands, every year.
The position is remote as we seek candidates who live and work in these respective parts of the world. But ultimately, the most important criterion is having the commitment, experience, and knowhow to fill this crucial position.
The NARD Regional Coordinator will:
- Recruit new NARD organizers in all the countries in their region in which we haven’t had NARD events yet, thus establishing a National Animal Rights Day in these countries;
- Identify NARD country organizers in the countries in which we have had NARD before, and help them recruit new cities to do the NARD events;
- Guide all NARD organizers in their region (via the country organizers) on how to organize their NARD events;
- Help solve the logistical issues of the countries/cities in their region (such as printing their printing materials, translations, fundraising, obtaining animals, permits, etc.), and be the point person for all their questions and inquiries;
- Work with our NARD Project Manager on solving issues in their region, and all communications with the NARD leadership in the US;
- Help with the media and social media coverage of the events in their region, pre- and post- the events. Collect all photos, videos, and media coverage of all the events, and forward them to the NARD leadership;
- Maintain lists of all organizers, logistical solutions (such as printing shops), authorities’ contacts, media contacts, and potential issues, for future use of the NARD organizers and leadership;
- Follow up on all the NARD events in their region and tie any lose ends after the events;
- Ensure the consistency of the NARD “brand” in all countries/cities in their region, and protect the NARD “brand” and interests there;
- Help grow the NARD community and presence in all the countries in their region, in the ‘downtime’ months before next year’s events;
- Stay abreast of new developments and opportunities in the animal rights / vegan field in their region, and maximize collaboration opportunities with other groups;
Type of engagement: Independent Contractor
Time commitment: Full-time
About Our Planet. Theirs Too., Inc.
Our Planet. Theirs Too. is a non-profit organization with a bold vision for planet Earth and all of the species of beings who live on it: human and non-human animals sharing this planet in peace and harmony. We believe that this Earth belongs to ALL beings who live on it, and they deserve to share its resources equally. Because it's our planet, and theirs too! OPTT produces the renowned National Animal Rights Day events in 22 countries around the world, and is behind The Declaration of Animal Rights.