Our Planet. Theirs Too., Inc. is in the process of expanding our operation to year-round and we seek an energetic, innovative, organized, and motivated individual to establish and operate all aspects of an active fundraising program. Eventually, this will include a major gifts program, overseeing our existing on-line store, grant writing, sponsorships, institutional gifts, lower-level donor crowdfunding, social media campaigns, peer to peer campaigns, special events, and eventually planned giving.
The Development Director’s responsibilities, initially, will include building overall strategy with our management team, to outreach and interaction with potential donors, to database entry, donation acknowledgment, and production of reports and mailing lists.
Core Responsibilities will be selected from the following. Together we will select which responsibilities that the applicant can undertake and set priorities from the following:.
- Develop and implement annual fundraising plans and strategies;
- Oversee our established on-line store;
- Find new grant opportunities, strategize and participate in drafting grant applications;
- Liaise with funders and foundations;
- Corporate sponsorships, giving and partnerships;
- Create and support large and small-scale fundraising opportunities for individuals, foundations and businesses, nationally and in local communities;
- Organize and implement fundraising activities;
- Development of our supporters’ base, including communications with supporters;
- Coordinate messaging, talking points and visuals in fundraising campaigns and donor acknowledgment;
- Ensure consistent messaging on need, impact, and donor appreciation;
- Oversee all aspects of the donor database; and
- Maintain/manage content of supporter/fundraising section of website.
Desired Qualifications and Personal Characteristics:
- Vegan lifestyle and strong commitment to working in animal rights;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-driven environment; successfully manage multi-functional projects, priorities and time management with minimal supervision;
- Follow-through and attention to detail;
- Strong organizational, administration, telephone and interpersonal communication skills both detail and “big picture” oriented;
- Skill in preparing written reports and presentations;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising with emphasis on annual funding giving and special events;
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, word processing, spreadsheets, mail merge and advanced functions;
- Experience with and aptitude for relational databases; strong database skills, including high-level data entry, tracking and analyzing data; and
- Donor cultivation experience, from research to stewardship.
This is a remote position. We do not have brick and mortar offices.
Our Planet. Theirs Too. promotes equality of opportunity and will take action to ensure that no individual suffers discrimination, directly or indirectly, on the grounds of sex, disability, color, race, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
About Our Planet. Theirs Too., Inc.
Our Planet. TheirsToo. , Inc. is a non-profit that presents National Animal Rights Day (NARD) each year. For 11 years NARD has been celebrated on the first Sunday in June. It is a memorial service to: (1) commemorate the billions of animals who die every year by human hands, (2) educate the public about the cruelty-free, plant-based alternatives, and (3) celebrate the progress that is being made towards ending the suffering of animals. In 2021 NARD was observed in more than 50 cities throughout the world and celebrated on every continent (except Antarctica).